• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with migrating Lightroom 5.6

New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help! I have Lightroom 5.6 running on my pc and wanted to migrate it to the online version of Lightroom. But my Lightroom 5.6, or 5.7, is not listed as one of the options. I am pretty confused about all this, to be honest.

I called the help line three times, and got people who's English was challenging to undestand, and, it was a poor connection with each person I spoke with. Net result, no help at all.

Thank you,

Kevin Lee

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Online version" is undefined in my mind, so I don't really know what you want to do.

If you want to migrate to Lightroom Classic 9.2.1 (that's the current version), there would be no problem. Lightroom Classic is a desktop program, runs on your computer (not in the cloud) and photos are stored on your computer or attached drive (not in the cloud). There are no issues migrating your Lightroom 5 catalog (and photos). Lightroom Classic 9.2.1 is the direct successor to your Lightroom 5, it has all of the same features (and many new ones) and the exact same user interface.

If you truly mean the cloud version of Lightroom, where your photos are stored in the cloud, then you are in the wrong forum and you should ask in the Lightroom forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You first need to upgrade your Lr5.x catalog to Lr Classic using the Adobe Cloud app (installed when you install the cloud version of Lightroom). Whent the conversion form Lr5.x to Classic is complete you can then migrate same to the cloud version. Below links contain the info you  need

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/migrate-to-lightroom-cc.html?mv=product&mv2=lr

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/migration-errors.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it's a good idea to point out that it is not really an "online" version of Lightroom. The program is still installed on your computer and on other devices. The images are stored in the cloud and shared between the computer and the other devices. That version of Lightroom does not have all the features that Lightroom Classic has, so be sure you want to go that way before making your final decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines