• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to change primary editor

Participant ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After all the bugs and crashes with recent PS and LR updates, I had gone back to LR 10.1 and set its primary editor to PS 2020.  Now I've gone to the latest updates (hoping for the best...) but the primary editor still shows PS 2020.  How do I set the PRIMARY Editor in External Editing to PS 2021?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

I already answered your question in the Lightroomqueen forum. You do not say what OS you use, but we kind of force you to supply this vital information in the Lightroomqueen forum, so I know you use MacOS. There is an Adobe plugin for MacOS that can do this. For others who might be interested: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/edit-in-command-opens-copy-of-photoshop-from-back-up-drive.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstall PS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is about a setting in LIGHTROOM.  Just on spec, I did uninstall and reinstall PS 2021, but of course that changed nothing in LR's preferences. So can someone please answer my question? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps more useful information:  When I got tired of doing hard shutdowns of my MacPro due to bugs in recent versions of LR and PS, I stepped back to earlier versions of both, and somehow I managed to reset the primary editor in the previous LR to the previous PS, but I can't find any notes about how.  Now I seem to be stuck with that old version of PS as the primary editor in the new LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solutions are in the link below-

Solution 1 is- Rebuild the Photoshop plist file. (Step 4 you need to start Photoshop 22.1 )

Solution 2 is- Re-install Photoshop 22.1!   as indicared by @GoldingD 

EDIT IN Photoshop command missing

It is the PHOTOSHOP install that determines if it is the Primary editor for Lightroom-Classic. And read the 'Additional Information' in the link.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already answered your question in the Lightroomqueen forum. You do not say what OS you use, but we kind of force you to supply this vital information in the Lightroomqueen forum, so I know you use MacOS. There is an Adobe plugin for MacOS that can do this. For others who might be interested: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/edit-in-command-opens-copy-of-photoshop-from-back-up-dr...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone!  It's now added to my notes, and good to have a better understanding of what's going on behind the scenes.  The last few months of LR-PS issues have been extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines