• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to login every time I use Lightroom classic?

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need some help. If you need to log in every time I use LR classic now. I need to use it offline and the sign-in pop block is now asking for signing every time I want to use it. 
The only way to do this is to delete the Adobe cloud app on my Mac. 
So is there no way to keep the app but not having to sign in every time? Surely people use LR PS AI offline? No wifi - can't use the programs?

Screenshot 2020-03-19 at 10.13.20.pngScreenshot 2020-03-19 at 10.45.32.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "login" is kind of misnamed the way Adobe uses it. It is more of an "activation" of the app.

The way Adobe intends the login to be used is to log in once and stay logged in. The system understands that internet connections come and go and will let you go 30 days without a connection as long as you do not log out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key is the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. It is used to activate, to accredidate, to install, to update. You sign in it, and you do not sign out. If you sign out of it, the programs PS. LR. LRC, etc, get deactivated.

While a log-in/sign-in exists in Lightroom Classic, it is now redundant, do not use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, so the "key" is to have Adobe run a daemon _all the time_ in the background taking up system resources, when I use Lightroom only a few times a week.

Thanks, Adobe. Can you please use some "brand new" tech like cookies instead of a running daemon (that actually is a bit of a resource hog)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know what you are talking about. When you have finisher using LrC you simply click on Lightroom in the top left of the window and select Exit Lightroom and the app will close. You do not need to be connected

,all the time, with the internet unless you need to sync image files, update the app etc. You must connect online so Adobe will confirm that you subscription is up to date. This happens seamlessly. I even shut down my computer system overnight on a regular basis. When I reboot the system it connects automatically.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello DdeGannes,  I seem to have the same problem.  For the last week or so Creative Cloud desktop has been asking for a sign in every time I use Lightroom Classic.  I've been a subscriber for a couple of years and understand the once every thirty days sign in routine but the current experience is getting crazy.  Even when Creative Cloud shows I am signed in I have still had LR Classic start and then bring up the "need to sign in" message.

Using Dell PC, 24GB Ram, 2 SSDs.  No changes in my configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud Desktop App has, on multiple occasions, used a lot of resources and made my machine slow down a lot. My machine hasn't exhibited this issue when the app wasn't running. I'm glad that others haven't experienced this, and - truthfully - I'm glad that this app exists. For those that want the updates continuously, that's great. It's actually a useful feature for a lot of people.

IMHO, I shouldn't have to have an app running in the background, alerting me of updates that I don't want to install just yet, and slowing my computer as it has in the past, in order to be able to not have to log in every time I want to use LRC. LRC didn't require this about 2 months ago, and now it does. I feel like this change isn't a great user feature, as I don't like running the app that has, in the past, given my computer issues.

What I'm hearing is that my issues aren't common, perhaps I'll give Adobe CC Desktop another go - perhaps this was a blip in the past and it has been solved. I'm glad others haven't experienced this issue. I'm running this on a 2012 iMac (a bit old, but very servicable) with 24GB of RAM (should be tons), the same configuration that was used when the app caused the issue.

Sorry my complaint came off strongly, but it was an unwelcome change to my workflow where I had some issues in the past with this app, and I do know what I'm doing when it comes to my system maintenance as I'm an IT professional. It's not necessary that the one app requires the other to perserve the login; it hasn't in the past, so this was a bit galling that my solution is to resurface an issue. If it is an issue again, I'll reach out at that point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a couple of tips.

Make sure you keep your Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app up to date. The easiest way is to have Auto-update turned on.

I keep LrC and The Creative Cloud apps icon in my Dock. If the app is open there should be a . (dot) to the bottom of the icon. Right-click on the Icon and you can select Quit to exit the app without Signing out.

See the screen captures.

Screenshot 2020-09-20 at 4.20.05 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-09-20 at 3.53.44 PM.png 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using an eight year old HP desktop computer with only 8 GB of RAM. When I start up the computer I allow the creative class desktop manager to load automatically, and it doesn't seem to interfere with anything I do with any of my work. Whenever there are updates available I'm advised of those updates, and I usually simply allow them to be installed automatically. I don't see this as any "conspiracy" on the part of Adobe. I consider it just the way the cloud service works. Having the desktop manager Active hasn't caused any problems at all. I have been able to create panorama images with as many as 30 raw images using Lightroom Classic. I just don't see any problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. Even though I am logged in to my account on Creative Cloud, and am running several other Adobe Apps, still I am asked to sign in every time to Lightroom Classic. Then U am told I have reached my activation limit, even though Lighroom is only installed on my desktop and laptop. It doesn't recognise my desktop, thinking it is a third computer. This problem has gone on intermittently for a couple of years, and many hours of troubleshooting with Adobe support has failed to fix it. Help please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines