Highlighted

NEF Nikon D3200 in lightroom 9.2

New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed lightroom classic version 9.2

My NEF files from a nikon D3200 can't be imported. I also tried dng-converter and it says the same thing. Files arn't recognized and can't be imported.

Any suggestions?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jao_vdL | Adobe Community Professional

If you ever used older versions of Nikon Transfer/View NX/Capture to import the files, you might be dealing with a known bug in that software where it corrupts the nef files and makes them unusable to be imported in non-Nikon software. It is possible to fix that corruption using exiftool: https://exiftool.org/fix_corrupted_nef.html but best is to import directly from the cards to Lightroom and not use any Nikon software or only use up-to-date Nikon software,

Topics

How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

NEF Nikon D3200 in lightroom 9.2

New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed lightroom classic version 9.2

My NEF files from a nikon D3200 can't be imported. I also tried dng-converter and it says the same thing. Files arn't recognized and can't be imported.

Any suggestions?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jao_vdL | Adobe Community Professional

If you ever used older versions of Nikon Transfer/View NX/Capture to import the files, you might be dealing with a known bug in that software where it corrupts the nef files and makes them unusable to be imported in non-Nikon software. It is possible to fix that corruption using exiftool: https://exiftool.org/fix_corrupted_nef.html but best is to import directly from the cards to Lightroom and not use any Nikon software or only use up-to-date Nikon software,

Topics

How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Nikon D3200 has been supported for many years, please post a screen capture of any error message you are getting or type the exact wording of the message.

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.6: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.1, Ps 21.2.2, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the below link for troubleshooting. It's most likley due to #8:

Some older Nikon cameras had the option to switch between USB options of MTP/PTP and MSC in the Setup menu. If your camera has this option, change to the other USB option in the Setup menu and test connecting the camera to the computer again.

https://www.nikonimgsupport.com/eu/BV_article?articleNo=000006488&lang=en_GB

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Anke LATEST
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seemed to be the solution. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines