• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New catalog is only seeing latest 3 folders

Contributor ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had to rebuild my computer and reinstall Lightroom 6.14.

I want to create a NEW catalog of all of my folders however, each time I try to do this Lightroom only imports the most current 3 folders.  

How do I get it to import ALL folders?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to provide some additional. E.g. Is there one Parent folder with all sub-folders in that structure? What selection are you making in the Import Dialog? Are you using the Add function or Copying to a new location?

On another note why do you need to create a new Catalog file?  If you have a copy of the Catalog fil...

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.  There is a Parent folder called PICTURES with subfolders. 

Capture.PNG

I open Lightroom and click to add Folders.  I select the top PICTURES folder.  ADD is selected.  I then click IMPORT

Capture2.PNG

When the IMPORT finishes only the latest 3 folders have been imported.

Untitled.png

I have a number of catalogs.  However, I am not sure which one was the most current one I was using.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots would help hugely here thanks Tony.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One possibility is that the other folders don't have photos that Lightroom can import. Just showing a list of folders isn't enough information, we need to know what is in those folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hehehehe...that's cute!

Yes...there indeed are pictures in ALL of the folders...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us the Windows Explorer view of one of the folders not imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My next question is: what happens if you tell LR to just import the 2017 folder? Are photos imported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do those JPEG files that are shown have such long convoluted file names? Are those old preview files? Wat were they created with?

Go and create some photos, copy them to the folders not importing, see what happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your OS, check permissions on those folders and files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe at the top left of the Import Dialog Source > File you should be able to get an option to "Include subfolders".See the screen capture. However, you may wish to check and see if there are subfolders included there that you may not wish to be imported.

Screenshot 2020-04-05 at 10.47.43 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not to be mean, cruel, condescending, BUT, those screen captures suck, what are you using to create them? Consider a third party utility for that purpose. For example this one:

https://picpick.app/en/

If you click on the Download, you will see a Free version exists. It is very good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines