Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

new catalogue but cloud still wants to sync old to knew

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a big big issue, 

just created a new catalogue and in doing so expected to be starting a fresh, but no, cloud wants to sync all esisting photos to my local drive, now I use a macbook air and this is limited to 128GB so when 26K of photos want to download from the cloud I am to say the least a little peturbed -  I see this as a HUGE bug on the system, if anything there should be links to old sync'd catalogues not try to down load what you've just finished with otherwise whats the point in having a clean catalogue ???

any help on how to get this to stop (without pressing PAUSE) woudl be accepted

Screenshot 2019-11-02 20.52.15.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fact- Lightroom-Classic can only sync Preview files to the 'Cloud' from the Collections in ONE catalog.

If you use another Catalog then this becomes the 'ONE' catalog that syncs ALL the Cloud images.

The same discussion can be found in this link- See my last reply-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Lightroom-Classic/Lightroom-Classic-Doesn-t-Generate-a-Public-Link/m-...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then Stop/Pause the sync feature in this New catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are the one in control. If you don't want it to sync, then turn it off. That's all there is to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines