• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New cloned drive will not appear in the Folders Panel

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to migrate Lightroom to a new cloned hard drive that I now want to be my main drive.  However, after opening lightroom, I can't see the new drive in the Folders panel.  I tried Adding a New Folder and selected my image folder in the new drive, but after import, only a fraction of the photos appeared?  How do I make the transfer of drives in Lightroom if I can't find the drive in the Folders Panel?

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you shouldn't see that drive in the LrC folders panel.

LrC is NOT a File Manager program like Windows File Explorer or Apple Mac Finder or Adobe Bridge or any other File Manager program.

It is a Database program.

The only way to have LrC show a drive and folders it to Import images from that drive.

In your case If all your images are on that new drive, In the Same Folders they are/were in on the older drive and that new drive is either using the same drive lettter, Windows, or Drive Name, Mac, then all your images should show up as accessible and in the same folders they were in on the old drive.

Pleas look at this link. It is for moving from one computer to another but as far as the changing drives on the same comp,uter it is basically the same.

How do I move Lightroom to a new computer? | The Lightroom Queen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also this is VERY IMPORTANT.

Do NOT Reimport any of you images. That is the worst thing you can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am trying to migrate Lightroom...

Migrate what? Program? Catalog? Photos? All of the above? Some of the above? None of the above?

I agree with @Just Shoot Me , whatever you do, DO NOT import photos, that would be a huge mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines