Highlighted

New Develop Preset dialog box

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
In the lower right corner of the New Develop Preset dialog box the are two items I would love to know more about.

1 - Process Verion

2 - Calibration.

* see photo

Thank You
Steve

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JimHess | Adobe Community Professional

The calibration section has nothing to do with lens calibration. If you look at that section in Lightroom you will see that it allows you to sort of calibrate the color to suit your personal taste. But it has nothing to do with the lens.

TOPICS
Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New Develop Preset dialog box

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
In the lower right corner of the New Develop Preset dialog box the are two items I would love to know more about.

1 - Process Verion

2 - Calibration.

* see photo

Thank You
Steve

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JimHess | Adobe Community Professional

The calibration section has nothing to do with lens calibration. If you look at that section in Lightroom you will see that it allows you to sort of calibrate the color to suit your personal taste. But it has nothing to do with the lens.

TOPICS
Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The process was changed in Lightroom Classic 9.2 / ACR 12.2 so let us know what version of Lightroom you are using (version number) so we can respond appropriately. Details of Process Version Calibration is in the lower right panel, Develop module.

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.7: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom classic
Ver 9.2.1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom classic
Ver 9.2.1

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020 0
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are a longtime user of Lightroom, you may have photos that have been processed by older process versions. In rare circumstances, you might want this preset to use those older version settings. Since that is probably not the case, that is why that option is checked by default. The calibration option is there in case you have "calibrated" or adjusted settings in the calibration section to suit your particular camera model, and want those calibration settings included in the preset. A lot depends on what the preset is going to do and whether or not those settings would have an impact on the effect of the preset.

Adjustments in the calibration section having to do with making considerations for nuances with particular cameras. For instance, my camera sometimes seems to slightly oversaturate the red tones. I have considered at times to decrease the red Saturation slightly in the calibration section. This would then have the effect of doing that to all images on import. But I keep reconsidering that option, and haven't done it yet. I have rather decided to decrease the red saturation on an as needed basis.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020 1
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks.

I just want the lens correction, lens profiles imported. All of my lens have been calibrated, so yes that's why I was asking. I did not think I would need to tell Lr that I had done that. So thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020 0
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thank you. I could not find this info in the user giude.
Sorry, I should have read your first reponce more carfully. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020 0