• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Feature - Versions!

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love to use LrC and on a desktop machine it is ideal.  I also value the ability to sync a Collection to work when away from the desktop.  I much prefer the desktop workspace, file management and interface and so that suits me.  The new feature on Lr CC 'Versions" is a welcome addition and is very useable (except that you can quickly destroy your own edit with one wrong click).  I tried it recently and when I returned to the desktop with LrC the sync had happened but no versions.  There are no Snapshots or Virtual Copies.......can anybody help or advise?  the feature and my work does not appear to cross the platforms!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Versions are for LR 3.3 and mobile devices only. They serve the same purpose as snapshots in Classic, albeit they have nice thumbnails which can be hovered and previewed. See web image below.

Ver-City-lgts.jpg

However, the settings will sync back to the Lr Classic Catalog e.g. if I select the B&W version in the above example as the active photo in the  grid in LR 3.3 the original in LR Classic 9.3 will become monochrome. A snapshot is not created but you will see an entry in the Classic History panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you, that is helpful!  I still see LrC as the parent version and it would be great if it retained all functionality of the family.  Perhaps it will come!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines