• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

new imports won't sync to cloud

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like I have tried every suggestion to be found online but have not solved the problem. Adobe Support, at one point, looked in on our computer through a remote session and tried some things, but I haven't heard from them in a week.

To avoid confusion over platforms, here's how I will refer to everything: Lightroom Classic CC, the full-scale version with the interface similar to the pre-monthly subscription model, is LrC matching its icon; Lightroom, which has an interface similar to the website, will be CC; and lightroom.adobe.com will be Web.

When our office first started syncing, there were 16 photos that would permanently try to sync. They never showed up in Sync Activity under Preferences. Despite that, new imports and edits would always sync. We have 287,000+ photos in our catalog. Of those, we have 281,209 in the All Synced Photographs catalog of LrC. That same number is reflected on CC and Web. Our last photos to sync to the Web were imported on Sept. 4. I noticed the problem sometime in mid-October. I will do my best to recap all the efforts I've made since then, generally in chronological order:

• one of the first things I tried was updating LrC to v10. I can't be sure what version it had been on, but syncing started having this problem under that version.
  • platforms have been signed out of, rebooted, etc., more times than I can count
  • deleted sync.lrdata file several times
  • tried the "rebuild sync data" option hidden in Preferences several times
  • Any time we did the two above, the sync would start and get through all the photos synced as of Sept. 4 before sticking. (The number of photos stuck reduced as we went back and turned off sync for recent imports, cleared some problems we found, etc.)
  • during our remote session, Adobe opened a backup catalog, looked for missing photos, and some other things I don't remember. Sync restarted and ran over that weekend.
  • my next time in the office, I took Adobe's idea further and opened a backup catalog from Sept. 10, the closest we had to the Sept. 4 date when new photos last synced. At this point, I stopped syncing anything new since Sept. 4 and a few other outliers, which got me back to the 16 photos that have plagued us from the beginning. I ultimately identified these, removed them from syncing, and got the green check mark on the cloud icon of LrC.
  • made edits to previously, successfully synced photos (i.e., pre-Sept. 4). Those edits did not appear in Web.
  • purged the Camera Raw Cache settings. Closed and reopened Lightroom Classic. No new photos would sync.
  • deleted LrC preferences. Closed and reopened Lightroom Classic. No new photos would sync.
  • added captions to a photo through Web. The captions appeared on that photo in CC but not in LrC. I added a rating to the same photo in CC, and it appeared on both LrC and Web.

Throughout this, when I check to see if I've fixed the sync issue, the number of photos trying to sync will appear in the LrC cloud icon, but nothing appears in the Sync Activity window under Preferences.

I'm in the process of updating the OS on the MacBookPro running CC so I can get to CC v4.

If that doesn't help, this is the last idea I haven't tried. Deleting collections is a non-starter for us; we have hundreds. So that step would get skipped. I'm also trying to avoid this because there is data added through Web in the captions field that has not synced to LrC. Losing that would require re-work on a couple hundred photos.

LrC is on version 10 on a Mac Pro running OS 10.15.7. We access CC version 3.4 on a MacBook Pro running OS 10.13.6. Several people on staff work with our photos, but we import exclusively through LrC and CC is only on one computer - all logged in under the same email address. We never upload/import to our catalog via any mobile device. We do not have any videos in any Lightroom platform. There are no deleted photos in CC or Web.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll add that I sent diagnostic logs to Adobe Support on two separate occasions and never heard from them whether those had any helpful information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following your post!

"Our last photos to sync to the Web were imported on Sept. 4."

And any photos Imported to LrC since then are in Collections marked to Sync? Correct?

And ALL your photos in the Catalog are also in Collections marked to Sync? Is that so?

When you swapped Catalogs (from a Backup)- were you asked if you want to 'Change to this Catalog to Sync with the Cloud'?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wobert, thanks for checking in. Here are my responses.

New imports are in Collections that were initially marked to sync. I turned that off so we wouldn't have to see the spinning blue arrows (and a pending sync seems to slow the software down a bit). If I were to mark the Collection to sync again, they will not sync. I have tried this.

We have more than 287K photos total in our Catalog. Of those, 281,209 are in Collections marked to sync and did so prior to Sept. 4.

When I swapped Catalogs, I don't recall being prompted with the question you mentioned. However, the previous Catalog was not syncing new imports either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mattwatt  With 281,000 photos synced, changing the Catalog would be a major 'slow-down' as the 'new' catalog will attempt to  match up the Cloud (Smart Previews) with the all the Originals in the hard-drive.  Follow the understanding that we can only sync 'one' Classic Catalog and do not change it!

Have you tried adding new imports to a new Collection (not an extablished one), and then mark for sync?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I have added new imports to a new collection and marked for sync. It did not work.

I'll also clarify, the previous catalog was not syncing either, so the change is not the cause here. My intial post said syncing wasn't working prior to updating LrC to v10, but I should have been more clear about the catalog status. We only switched to a backup catalog when Adobe Support got involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, no syncing at all. LR gets stuck in 652 while syncing. When reviewing the Sync Activity it shows no file names, nothing to sync, pending, etc. 

I have tried to rebuild the lrdatasync folder several times. I deleted and let LR create it again. No luck, that doesn't fix the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines