• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

new license after motherboard change ?

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a PC problem causing a change of my motherboard; this was interpreted by the system as a new PC and I was asked for a new license - whom how to make contact ?

my application is LR 6.14

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't contact Adobe because they don't support Lightroom 6 at all anymore. It's out of production, ancient history, not on the Adobe radar at all. You should have your serial number stored somewhere. Check your account to see if it's registered in your account information. That serial number, which is 24 digits, the first four being 1160, is what you are going to need in order to activate your Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand, and thats what I have done already

however, when trying to actvate the license on my old PC with the new motherboard, I have got a message that my maximum number of installations has been made already; obvioulsy the old motherboard is still counted; I need to 'release' this somehow as I still work on my same old PC, just with an new motherboard -therefor I need advise how to do this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to contact Adobe and tell them you want to deactive computer installations of LR 6. There are plenty of examples here in this forum of people doing this successfully. Even though LR 6 is "unsupported", Adobe has deactivate installations of LR 6 for many people, including recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never had Lightroom 6. But I believe you can go to your account information and find a list of active devices and deactivate a device. After doing so that will enable you to activate a "new" device even though it is the same one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to this forum, but I think I might be able to help you out. So, when you change your motherboard, it can sometimes cause your system to register as a new PC, which is a pain when it comes to licensing. :unamused: You might need to contact the software provider directly to get a new license or activate your existing one. On a side note, I checked out that link you posted for the top motherboards for Ryzen 7 5800x at https://finalratings.com/top-3-best-motherboards-for-ryzen-7-5800x-which-one-is-right-for-you/, and it looks like some pretty sweet hardware! I'm actually in the market for a new motherboard myself, so I might have to check those out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only Adobe Employees can Reset Activations for Lr6 (Standalone), and some will not! - see this forum link.

Activation or Deactivation versions of Lightroom

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines