• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Lightroom Classic Catalogue sync with Adobe Cloud and existing uploads from LR Mobile

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to work out what would happen to my sync'ed up photos in the cloud if I changed what Catalogue I sync.

I have a laptop, with a catalogue called 'Barry' - I have photos loaded into LrC which then sync with the cloud, and I edit on my iPad etc.
On the iPad I also directly load in photos, and they are sync'ed up to the Cloud. They are then sync'ed  back down to my laptop and my catalogue Barry. The original DNG / RAW files went into Lightroom Mobile.

If I change Barry for a different a catalogue on my laptop, Bruce.

What I know the photos that were loaded into Barry will be removed from the cloud - but what happens to the photos I loaded into the Cloud through Lightroom Mobile on my iPad? Do they also get deleted?

Do the photos already in the Cloud get downloaded into Bruce?
I have paid for extra storage in Creative Cloud, and have gotten value out of it. But if I need to retain the original Barry LrC catalogue forever, I am going to be slightly annoyed. That reliance on that catalogue seems restrictive, and counterintuitive to using Lightroom Mobile on an iPad and loading images into the Cloud directly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

If you change the synced catalog, then all the online photos will be downloaded into that new catalog as new originals. Nothing will be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

At Johan (I have a laptop, with a catalogue called 'Barry' - I have photos loaded into LrC which then sync with the cloud, and I edit on my iPad etc.) including the smart-previews that were synced from the previous catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My onlu comment is You should have ONLY ONE CATALOG and All your images should be IN that ONE Catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying, that doesn't answer the question of, if photos are uploaded to Creative Cloud througth LrM, do they also get removed when changing catalogue syncing in LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you change the synced catalog, then all the online photos will be downloaded into that new catalog as new originals. Nothing will be deleted.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At Johan (I have a laptop, with a catalogue called 'Barry' - I have photos loaded into LrC which then sync with the cloud, and I edit on my iPad etc.) including the smart-previews that were synced from the previous catalog?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines