Highlighted

New Mac transfer

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new Mac and transferred my photos from the old Mac to the new one. I transferred the catalogue too but when I opened LR on the new Mac all picture folders were greyed out and all files missing.  I noticed that the parent directory is different in the 2 Macs. The old mac parent directory is under user name "Ann" and the new Mac parent directory is under user name "anthie". I can't change these names of the parent directories so how can I retrieve the files? 

thanks. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New Mac transfer

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new Mac and transferred my photos from the old Mac to the new one. I transferred the catalogue too but when I opened LR on the new Mac all picture folders were greyed out and all files missing.  I noticed that the parent directory is different in the 2 Macs. The old mac parent directory is under user name "Ann" and the new Mac parent directory is under user name "anthie". I can't change these names of the parent directories so how can I retrieve the files? 

thanks. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the new computer, in LrC in the Library module, go to the Folders panel on the left, right-click on the top-most folder, select "find missing", navigate to the folder on the new drive.

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2020 0