• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New "versions" feature in CC. What about Classic?

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest update of LR CC and Mobile includes "versions", that are long awaited and seem to be kind of between "virtual copies" and snapshots.

"Versions" don't seem to be synced to Classic, the feature isn't in Classic, nor they seem to be somewhat mapped to virtual copies or snapshots.

Is that on the road map? Or am I missing something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Versions are for LR 3.3 only. They serve the same purpose as snapshots in Classic, albeit they have nice thumbnails which can be hovered and previewed.

Ver-City-lgts.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They serve the same purpose, but they aren't synced to snapshots on Classic.

My workflow is to import photos on Classic, then share the ones I'm working on, and edit them from the laptop using CC or tablet.

I hoped, for ages, to be able to create virtual copies on Mobile/CC or share snapshots, now they introduce "versions" and they aren't interoperable with Classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The settings will sync back to the Lr Classic Catalog e.g. if I select the B&W version as the active photo in the  grid in LR 3.3 the original in LR Classic 9.3 will become monochrome. A snapshot is not created but you will see an entry in the Classic History panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines