• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New RAW Engine V4..... but what is new?

Enthusiast ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see there is a new raw engine (process version)...but no information about what is new/changed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I also see this on my Lightroom Classic,surprise that here is no mention. I guess that we should see something posted in a day or two. My catalog has been updated and the change has been applied to yesterdays imports that I worked on a few files today.????

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not much! 

There is a new luminosity/colour range mask in local adjustments, all your raw files will look identical in v4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

getho  schrieb

Not much! 

There is a new luminosity/colour range mask in local adjustments, all your raw files will look identical in v4

they would not need a new process engine for just that....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to Lightroom Queen Victoria Bampton, better (and different) processing of auto masks required introducing a new process version.  Range masks are also new in LR Classic 7, but in the past, simply introducing a new develop setting hasn't required introducing a new process version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnrellis  schrieb

but in the past, simply introducing a new develop setting hasn't required introducing a new process version.

exactly!

i mean i don´t dare to hope they have made demosaicing better.

or made adjustments for x-trans sensors.

but i doubt they need a new process version just for the color / luminosity masking?!

but then.. i might be wrong and this is the only reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As mentioned above, the processing of auto masks has changed, which necessitates a new process version. If they didn't increment the process version, then the appearance of photos using auto masking would change going from LR 6 to LR 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Listen to Victoria, they don't call her Lightroom Queen for nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines