• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New version Lightroom and Photoshop 2020 incompatible with Imac i7 2017. AMD Radeon R9 390.

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the new version of Lr, Ps and Camera Raw on my Imac i7, with AMD radeon R9 390 graphics card and it is incompatible. In order to work you have to deactivate the graphics processor in Ps. This makes the computer go much slower and keep thinking many times. It is impossible to work like this. Adobe technical support tells me that it is a problem with the graphics card, which I have to update but in AMD and Apple they tell me that all the card updates are made in Os Mojave. If you do not have a new computer with a current powerful graphics, I recommend that you do not download the 2020 update.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Carlos,

According to this article the AMD R9 series is tested with Photoshop and should work just fine: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

As graphics drivers for macOS comes with the OS updates, I would recommend you to update the operating system so that the graphics update gets applied along with and you can use the full power of the GPU with Photoshop and other Adobe apps.

Please let us know if it helps.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines