• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newly installed ICC Profiles do not show up IF installed while LR is running

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When installing new ICC profiles from within windows 10 via the "install" option when right clicking on the file will not show up LR IF LR is running when the ICC profile is installed.  I have checked that the icc profile is present in the "Windows>System32>spool>drivers>color" folder.  The newly installed profile does show up in PS but not in LR.  If a profile is installed when LR is not running it will show up in LR.  Closing LR and reinstalling the profile does not work.  This appears to be a bug in LR.  Any suggestions on how to fix would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Is this a CMYK profile? If so, Lightroom won't see it.

Support for soft proofing with CMYK profiles was introduced in Lightroom 6, but was removed in version 6.6, apparently because of some issues. Adobe said that this would be resolved soon, but nothing has happened.

See Lightroom 2015.6: CMYK profiles can no longer be selected for soft proofing | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the most straight forward solution is to install profiles while LR is closed

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is obvious but it doesn't solve the problem.  Closing LR and reinstalling the icc profile will not cause the profile to show up in LR.  Once you install the profile with LR open there is no means, that i have found, for the icc profile to ever show up in LR.  Oddly, when I completely delete a profile from windows and restart the computer the previously installed ,and visible in LR, profile that was deleted is still available in LR. 

Im not 100% sure but im about 90% sure that this behavior was not present in previous versions of LR.  I have been using several different brands and types of paper so I have been installing many different profiles over the last year or so and I never noticed this issue until recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is user-to-user and Adobe staff only joins from time to time.

You may want to raise the issue here: Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

This is where Adobe staff also reads and comments.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a CMYK profile? If so, Lightroom won't see it.

Support for soft proofing with CMYK profiles was introduced in Lightroom 6, but was removed in version 6.6, apparently because of some issues. Adobe said that this would be resolved soon, but nothing has happened.

See Lightroom 2015.6: CMYK profiles can no longer be selected for soft proofing | Photoshop Family Custo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  The new profiles that I was trying to install are CMYK.  This explains why the profiles do not show up in LR even after I reinstall them.  Luckily, they do show up in PS so I guess im going to need learn how to soft proof in PS for CMYK icc profiles.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows the system folder is system32>spool>drivers etc.

But the profiles are also copied to Program Files (x86) > Common Files > Adobe > Color, and that I think is where the applications get them. This is just the legacy path, where the profiles always were, so that's why the old 32-bit folder is still used.

So maybe keeping the application open prevents this copying from the system folder, and as a result Lightroom doesn't find it. Copy it over manually, and see if that fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing ICC profiles should not depend upon LR running or not running. They just get placed in the correct directory(s), simple copy function if the OS.

All LR knows is where they should be found.

Niw, I am not on a computer just now, so I cannot give a proper example, etc. but in LR you can browse for them, where they are supposed to be, and in your OS you can copy them to that location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Have been experiencing this problem recently (Win 10, now on 1909). I've installed dozens of profiles and have never had a problem. Now, no matter what I do, I can not get a profile to install. If anyone has a idea ofr what I can do I would love to hear it. 

I've tried every solutin I could find on this and other forums but no dice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem with Lightroom on Mac OS Catalina. I installed the (RGB) ICC profile while Lightroom was open and that maybe caused the profile not to add to Lightroom.

I fixed this by closing Lightroom and renamed the ICC profile (in ColorSync). This may or may not be necessary, but suffice to say the ICC profile now can be added to the list and appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has adobe provided an expected

date to reinstate the CMYK icm profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Has Adobe provided an expected date to reinstate the CMYK icm profiles?"

They have not. When support for CMYK soft-proofing disappeared in LR 6.6 four years ago, a bug report was filed, and Adobe eventually marked it "Not a Problem". This is the clumsy way Adobe marks reports for behavior where LR is operating as intended by the developers -- that is, the withdrawal of CMYK soft-proofing was deliberate:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lr-2015-6-cmyk-profiles-can-no-longer-be-sele...

Unfortunately, Adobe rarely comments publicly on plans for new features. 

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  I do not know if I installed the profile with LR open or not but 2 lab profiles show but the one I want to use does not.  I have deleted over and over and reinstalled and changed the name in the file location and it does not see either of the 2 that I want to use. HELP very fustrated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines