Newly uploads presets not showing up in Lightroom Classic Develop module

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just imported presets to LR Classic and they are not showing up.  These were the macro presets offered in the 1/19/21 edition of Adobe Discover, so I know they're not profiles.  I've tried all of the suggestions I could find in the Adobe Support Community on this subject and none of them work.  I've checked and unchecked the boxes recommended in Preferences, and relaunced LR multiple time.  I've viewed the "Manage Presets" dialog box to make certain that the presets are check if they are there, but they are not.  I've tried to re-import them several times and each time I get a message that says they've aleady been imported.  But I still cannot see them in the Develop module.  Can anyone help!

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"I've tried to re-import them several times and each time I get a message that says they've aleady been imported."

I think you're referring to these presets:

https://creativecloud.adobe.com/cc/discover/article/free-adobe-lightroom-presets-and-tips-for-macro-...

They successfully imported into my LR 10.1.1:

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 9.36.44 PM.png

Initial troubleshooting steps:

1. Please copy here the first ten lines from the menu command Help > System Info, so we know precisely which version you're running (many people who think they're on "the latest" aren't).

2. Click the + button in the upper-right of the Presets panel, then Manage Presets. Do you see the group Macro Presets listed?  If so, is it checked?

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 9.40.37 PM.png

3. Triple-check that Preferences > Presets > Show Partially COmpatible Develop Presets is checked. That shouldn't matter, because some of these presets are fully compatible with all photos, but let's triple-check it anyway. 

4. In Finder / File Explorer, go to this folder:

Mac: /Users/user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/ImportedSettings

Windows: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\ImportedSettings

Do you see the newly imported presets? E.g.

2.png

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more