• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon d500 won't import JPEG or RAW to Lightroom 6...

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just purchased a new Nikon d500. I purchased the standalone Lightroom 6 around 7 or 8 months ago and have had no problem since upgrading to the Nikon d500.  When I try to import raw and jpeg, it says the destination folder in unwritable.  I've tried everything. Ive updated the raw plugin and updated Lightroom as a whole, nothing is working. Please Help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Rikk explained it - it's something you need to do in Mac's Finder.

Review the Import dialog box and check that its Destination panel is pointing to exactly the drive/folder where you want to store the files. Now go to that drive/folder in Finder, right click it, and go into Get Info - the permissions are there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OS Read/Write Permissions, for your User Account, for the drive to which you are importing are not correct. Use your OS to verify that your User Account has both Read and Write permissions too folder/drive.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I get to the OS read/write permissions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the standalone version import photos from the d500? I have Lightroom 6.10.1....I just updated it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does - from 6.5 onwards. Your problem is not the D500 - it is the permissions to read/write to the drive/folder to which you are trying to store the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I change the permissions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rikk explained it - it's something you need to do in Mac's Finder.

Review the Import dialog box and check that its Destination panel is pointing to exactly the drive/folder where you want to store the files. Now go to that drive/folder in Finder, right click it, and go into Get Info - the permissions are there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines