• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No camera was detected when shooting from the computer.

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update to Lightroom Classic the camera (Canon 5D Mark III) does not recognize me when shooting from the computer. Instead with Canon EOS Utility it works correctly. 

I have everything updated to the latest versions (LRC, Firmware, iOS).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see linked document as it sets out various troubleshooting steps for tethering https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-tethered-capture-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible.

I have tried everything specified in the link and it still does not work, instead with EOS Utility it works correctly, so the cable and camera are fine.
I have tested with 2 EOS 5D Mark III cameras (Firmware 1.3.6), 2 MacBook Pro 15 "and MacBook Pro 16" laptops, both with macOS Catalina 10.15.5 and the Lightroom Classic 9.3 version and in none of the combinations has it camera recognized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you uninstall EOS Utility?

Removing the Utility will remove the potential for conflict between ther tethering systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before, you didn't have EOS Utility installed. I have installed it precisely to see if it recognized me with that program.

I have also tried on an iMac with the latest version of iOS, but the previous version of Lightroom (not the latest) and the same thing happens. I have also tried another simpler cable, not specific to Thetering and the same, EOS Utility recognizes this but LR does not.

A week ago everything was working perfectly for me. Could it be from the cable? That LR needs a special cable and that the one I have for tethering has been damaged? But it seems strange to me that EOS Utility recognizes me with both cables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have got it!! Formatting the cards has worked for me !!
Thank you very much for your help.
Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines