• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No correct context menu in Map Module

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Map Module in Lightroom CC 8.2.1 has multiple problems. I have seen posts on geotagging not working but in some sense that works for me: I can drag photos on the map and they will be tagged. However, what I cannot do is drag a pin and change the location. At least, not when there is more than one photo associated with the pin, even if they have the exact same location.

What I noticed, and which I think may be related to this is that when I right-click on a pin, I get, in general, a context menu with only the entry 'Add GPS coordinates to selected photos'. I don't get, e.g., to create a collection of the associated photos or the possibility to delete the GPS coordinates. It looks as if the system does not recognize that I am clicking on a map pin.

Following the directions from some of the discussions on Map Module problems I activated logging and found in AgCEFView.log a lot of lines of the following form

04/06/2019 12:10:05 TRACE Triggered urlHandler for id:25 url:http://app-storage:51000/location/Pin.M_N.png

04/06/2019 12:10:05 TRACE Trigger Ignored 

There are also a lot of examples with other URLs but they all have the line 'Trigger Ignored'. This suggests to me, that indeed a click on a Pin is not treated as a click on a pin. Of course, I don't know what is happening inside the program so I could be completely wrong.

Anyone else has had similar problems or know what might be wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

I was able to replicate this on Windows but not on Mac. I posted a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bugs reported: Lightroom: Wrong context menu for Map pin in Windows | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Please click Me Too and Follow on that bug report, making it a tiny bit more likely Adobe might fix it before the next ice age. I'm not optimistic it will get fixed -- Map bugs go unfixed for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, what I cannot do is drag a pin and change the location. At least, not when there is more than one photo associated with the pin, even if they have the exact same location.

I'm pretty sure that you've never been able to drag a pin that has more than one photo associated with it.  You have to click on the pin, which selects the photos in the filmstrip, and then drag the photos from the filmstrip to the new location on the map.

when I right-click on a pin, I get, in general, a context menu with only the entry 'Add GPS coordinates to selected photos'.

That's not right.  Here's what I get:

First triple-check you are running 8.2.1 by doing Help > System Info. The Creative Cloud desktop app often fools people into thinking they're on the "lastest".

Next, try resetting LR's preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ . Sprinkling that magic fairy dust fixes a surprising number of problems in LR. The article explains how to restore your previous preferences if it doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. It has been a time since I used the Map module so I guess I misremember the dragging of the pin. The way you describe it will certainly work if I want to change the location.

Regarding the context menu issue, I verified that my version is 8.2.1 (through the help menu) and I reset the preferences. It did not help.

When I right-click on a pin with a single associated photo I get

LRsingle.PNG

But if I do it on a group pin I get

LRGroup.PNG

I started trying this right-clicking when I heard about the possibility to create a collection from a pin. Where I read about it they started by selecting 'All Photos'. I had just a collection selected so I thought that might have been the reason it did not work. So I selected 'All Photos' and got indeed the full context menu. However, the next time I tried it I got the situation I show now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to replicate this on Windows but not on Mac. I posted a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bugs reported: Lightroom: Wrong context menu for Map pin in Windows | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Please click Me Too and Follow on that bug report, making it a tiny bit more likely Adobe might fix it before the next ice age. I'm not optimistic it will get fixed -- Map bugs go unfixed for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am indeed running Windows. Should probably have mentioned in my original post.

Thanks for investigating this issue and opening the bug report. Apparently, it is a known problem. Let's see if they will come up with a fix. I am glad to know now that it is not a problem with my local environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I could tell you were on Windows by the square corners on the context menu.  In hindsight I should have tested Windows immediately, since there have been differences in Map module behavior in the past between Mac and Windows.

Be sure to click Me Too in the upper-right corner of the bug report.  The more votes on a bug, the more likely Adobe will be to prioritize a fix (just because they acknowledge a bug doesn't mean they'll dedicate resources to fixing it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines