• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No entry library folder appeared following latest update

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if there is a fix for a bug to a iMac bug seems to have started with a CC update. Please see the weblink, in summary, a folder with a no-entry sign has appeared in my documents following the CC upgrade, and this is giving rise to difficulties in a destination folder that I use carbon cloner to copy to? Thanks

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/414851/a-library-folder-appeared-in-my-documents-folder-on...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

I just Right Clicked the folder and did Get Info and then changed the file permissions there to everyone and entered the Administrator Password and then moved it to the Trash.  Unlike John, it never came back even after a reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That folder ~/Documents/Library is also on my computer. Its permissions originally denied all access, but I executed the Terminal command:

sudo chmod -R 777 ~/Documents/Library

and then I could freely access its contents (empty save for a subfolder) and delete it. It comes back after each reboot now, but with normal permissions.  So that might be a solution for your Carbon Cloner issues.

The thread you linked to points at an issue with Creative Cloud. While that's certainly plausible, that thread itself isn't authoritative.  I'm not 100% positive, but I don't think it's a Lightroom Classic issue, since LR doesn't install background processes that run on startup (as opposed to the Creative Cloud app).

Adobe developers don't participate in this particular form and won't see your feedback. You could try reporting a Creative Cloud bug here:

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html 

but that may be just spitting in the wind -- you're unlikely to get any response from Adobe, regardless of whether they take it seriously or not.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks john, that is very helpful, I will give it a go, and also, as you say for what it's worth, report the problem to adobe, best wishes patrick 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just Right Clicked the folder and did Get Info and then changed the file permissions there to everyone and entered the Administrator Password and then moved it to the Trash.  Unlike John, it never came back even after a reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines