• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Export after update

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I updated Lightroom classik today (now version 8.3), I can no longer export an image: No matter which folder on the most diverse hard drives, the message comes: The specified folder is write-gun.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Lightroom Classic 8.3.1 was released today and contains a fix for this issue. Please update to 8.3.1 and verify that you are no longer seeing the issue. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is your catalog placed, what folder on the computer, and is this on an WIN OS?

thinking of this: Unexpected error opening catalog after update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi the os is Win 10 , the catalog placed under C./User/Stefan Bilder 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i have the same problem on my NAS. After Update to 8.3 it is impossible to export images to my NAS. Every folder that i choose seems to be read-only. Because i think its a problem of the classic version. On my Surface Pro 4 with the new Lightroom (not classic) it is no problem to export to my NAS. Hope there is comming an update soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, same problem after I updated to LR 8.3 today. Unable to export to hard drive, when you go to export dialog and select target folder for exported files (under Export to: Specific folder).

No matter what internal harddisk I use (2x M.2, 1x SAS) or removable USB key, each time I select folder to export I got message "The specific folder is not writable.". And yes, I do have permission to write to any of these locations, I can go through Windows Explorer and create folders/files at mi desired target location. I as well tried running LR as administrator, but it did not helped. I as well tried running in compatibility mode and same problem.

Chop-chop Adobe team, fix this and earn your subscription money!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the culprit & workaround: when using 'Specific folder' and trying to point to Desktop it will fail.. but using 'Desktop' from predefined locations works.. looks like error in the code which is combing 'user selected location' to create write handle to create files.

if you use any of the location at 'bottom' of this drop down list, aka Desktop, My Documents, etc.. it will work.

I went to chat with Adobe support, and this was clasified us 'uknown bug', was reported to developers.

adding my SysInfo:

Lightroom Classic version: 8.3 [ 201905061635-edecdfdb ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en

Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition

Version: 10.0.18362

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 2.5 GHz

Built-in memory: 32551.5 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 32551.5 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 3974.8 MB (12.2%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 4363.3 MB

GDI objects count: 671

USER objects count: 2084

Process handles count: 3040

Memory cache size: 3432.9MB

Internal Camera Raw version: 11.3 [ 197 ]

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

Camera Raw virtual memory: 2483MB / 16275MB (15%)

Camera Raw real memory: 2488MB / 32551MB (7%)

System DPI setting: 144 DPI (high DPI mode)

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 3840x2160

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

DirectX: AMD Firepro W5170M (23.20.15018.1002)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i tryed this:

1. it is not going bye select specific Folder, both tries to get a fexitic folder or do a new folder,

2. export to desktop: it's working

3. choose folder later, it's working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only work to where the original file is, and the original is on the NAS.

Not working to export on C drive or a sub-directory of the original file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mam pytanie, używałem poprzednio wersji, która miała rozbudowaną funkcję exportu na dysk,czyli wyostrzanie itd. Teraz nic takiego nie widzę,nie mogę znaleźć funkcji exportu,gdzie to jest,da się przywrócić poprzednie wersje?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated. I do not have this issue.

In case it is of importance, my SYS INFO:

Lightroom Classic version: 8.3 [ 201905061635-edecdfdb ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en

Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition

Version: 10.0.17763

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 4.0 GHz

Built-in memory: 16317.1 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16317.1 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 759.4 MB (4.6%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 954.1 MB

GDI objects count: 743

USER objects count: 2370

Process handles count: 1917

Memory cache size: 56.2MB

Internal Camera Raw version: 11.3 [ 197 ]

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

Camera Raw virtual memory: 41MB / 8158MB (0%)

Camera Raw real memory: 42MB / 16317MB (0%)

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1920x1080  (Monitor is capable of 3K)

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: Yes, External touch: No, External pen: Yes, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti (25.21.14.1891)

Application folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC\Adobe Lightroom Classic

Library Path: W:\Active Projects\Photography\test\test-2.lrcat  (note, this is an internal HD)

Settings Folder: C:\Users\goldi\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:

1) AdobeStock

2) Aurora HDR 2018

3) ColorChecker Passport

4) Flickr

5) HDR Efex Pro 2

6) Helicon Focus Export

7) Iridient X-Transformer

8) Loupedeck

9) Luminar 2018

10) Nikon Tether Plugin

11) ON1 Photo RAW 2019

12) ON1 Resize 2019

13) SmugMug

14) Teekesselchen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue since last update, I could only export to desktop...

Here is my Sys-Info

Lightroom Classic-Version: 8.3 [ 201905061635-edecdfdb ]

Lizenz: Creative Cloud

Spracheinstellung: de

Betriebssystem: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition

Version: 10.0.18885

Anwendungsarchitektur: x64

Systemarchitektur: x64

Anzahl logischer Prozessoren: 8

Prozessorgeschwindigkeit: 2,7 GHz

Integrierter Speicher: 8183,4 MB

Für Lightroom verfügbarer phys. Speicher: 8183,4 MB

Von Lightroom verwendeter phys. Speicher: 2162,5 MB (26,4%)

Von Lightroom verwendeter virtueller Speicher: 2414,9 MB

Anzahl GDI-Objekte: 902

Anzahl BENUTZER-Objekte: 2951

Anzahl Prozess-Handles: 2583

Cache-Speichergröße: 362,2MB

Interne Camera Raw-Version: 11.3 [ 197 ]

Maximale Anzahl Threads, die Camera Raw verwendet: 5

Camera Raw SIMD-Optimierung: SSE2

Virtueller Speicher in Camera Raw: 1189MB / 4091MB (29%)

Physischer Speicher in Camera Raw: 1215MB / 8183MB (14%)

DPI-Einstellung des Systems: 120 DPI

Desktop-Komposition aktiviert: Ja

Monitore/Anzeigegeräte: 1) 2560x1440

Eingabetypen: Multitouch: Nein, integrierte Toucheingabe: Nein, integrierter Stift: Nein, externe Toucheingabe: Nein, externer Stift: Nein, Tastatur: Nein

Informationen zum Grafikprozessor:

DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (26.21.14.3050)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to ask, this about workflow. When you are exporting, in the export dialog, I assume you choose as follows:

Export To: Specific Folder

Folder; clcik on Choose

and you choose a folder as you see fit.

If other, what is your workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought it was just me.  I updated today, went to go try the new Texture feature, went to export and nothing is writable except my desktop.  Hope this fix this soon, this is a huge oversight to not know a key feature isn't working.  Windows 10, fully updated, and latest Lightroom CC Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can not export to a specific folder since today after installing Lightromm Classic version 8.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this exact same problem since the update.  I cannot export images to any folder except my Desktop.  It keeps telling me "The specified folder is not writeable"

It worked fine yesterday before the LR Classic update Version 8.3.  Once exported to the Desktop, I can cut and paste to any folder (which LR will not export to), but this is not an ideal solution, especially when it worked fine yesterday.

This has really slowed up my production work, so please Adobe, get a fix sorted ASAP.  Thanks

I'm not sure how to get the Sys Info displayed by others, but if explain how, will be happy to share if it helps resolve this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Off the cuff.

Ignoring the export for a second. In Lightroom, can you create a new folder to place images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just tried to create a folder inside of Lightroom - worked no problem. 

I then tried to export to the newly created folder and I get the same error - "The specified folder is not writable"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, sounds like Adobe has a major malfunction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, first a bit of boiler plate for any not aware:

Please remember that this is an internet forum**. This is not a support page. Actual Adobe employees rarely interact on this site. To actually contact someone at Adobe read Ref (1). Another way to get Adobe’s attention is to place your issue at REF (2)

REF (1) https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2105584

REF (2) https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

** https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum

Now on to a recommendation

Go to reference (2) and add your problem. For that matter see if one already exists (I do nit see one)and add yourself to the issue (Me To)  This way Adobe will be made aware. Best to include your system information (about as much as I shared in an earlier reply)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was in live chat with support, and they said it's unknown bug and was send to developers. it would help if more people will do the same to get this fixed sooner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem this morning. I was in contact with Adobe supporter. Unfortunate they are saying the problem is windows (i have 10) with the folders and admin rights! I hope they will fix the problem soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks davidg36166309

I hadn't realised I was in the wrong forum.  I will re-post in the correct forum as you've suggested.

Appreciate you help and advice

Cheers

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the correct forum for conversations with other customers of the Adobe Lightroom Classic. It’s not however normally viewed or watched by Adobe staff. The link I provided is a better place to get problems brought to their attention. And the more members who do the better, quantity of complaints gets more attention than just one complaint, so add to whatever has already been posted their.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, same problem with the update

I have done a work around in the meantime by sending the LR edit to Photoshop for further work and then saving a tif and jpeg in their correct folders.

Adobe, please fix this. It's not a Windows 10 issue, it's the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue appears to be limited to Windows 10 and network folders.
If I choose a network working directly on the export path I get the "The specified folder is not writable". However, if I choose a subfolder from where the image is located, even if the image IS in a network folder, then it will allow to export it there.
It appears to happen when the Export folder is in fact a network folder using a UNC path.

Please address asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines