Highlighted

No graphic acceleration Win7/GTX1050Ti

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 64-bit Windows 7 with GTX 1050Ti onboard (latest drivers installed). I can't turn on the GPU processor acceleration. Any clue what's the problem and how can I fix it?

2020-04-14 23_02_05-Lightroom_1.jpg2020-04-15 18_53_26-System Info_1.png

2020-04-15 03_04_26-Adobe Lightroom Classic GPU FAQ — Mozilla Firefox_1.png

Topics

Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

No graphic acceleration Win7/GTX1050Ti

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 64-bit Windows 7 with GTX 1050Ti onboard (latest drivers installed). I can't turn on the GPU processor acceleration. Any clue what's the problem and how can I fix it?

2020-04-14 23_02_05-Lightroom_1.jpg2020-04-15 18_53_26-System Info_1.png

2020-04-15 03_04_26-Adobe Lightroom Classic GPU FAQ — Mozilla Firefox_1.png

Topics

Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using Windows 7 which even Microsoft abandoned.  Adobe did the same as far a GPU image processing support and will probably abandon it totally in the near future.

You listed the minimum system requirements to use GPU for display.  You should have looked further down in the FAQ to see this 

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 11.59.32 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why Windows 7 is included in the MSR to use GPU when it's not possible and you need Win10?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One gripe I have with Adobe is they often lack clarity. Support for Windows 7 comes to mind. They will say Lightroom Classic works with Windows 7, BUT, they do not mean perfectly, they do not mean all features, they do not mean absolutly 100%. Very much like the minimum RAM requirement, LRC will run, but will not run at all well on many rigs without 16 GB. (and basicaly ignores more)

So use GPU may or may not be an option on WIN 7, but it may come up Basic Support at best, perhaps no support. And basic support is fairly close to no support. Do not run at 4K if it states Basic support (thise not doing a lot of adjustment brushes might pull off)

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shouldn't they remove Windows 7 in recommended system to use GPU display as you all agree that it's impossible to use it?2020-04-15 03_04_26-Adobe Lightroom Classic GPU FAQ — Mozilla Firefox_1.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So number 1 problem is your OS, does your rig not support Windows 10?

And lack of DirectX, oh, some mods by Adobe to backtrack and still work in OpenGL occured, but not so much for use GPU.

One thing to look at, and this can imorove results under use GPU, well, it can fir Windows 10, Windows 7, not so sure, actualy fairly sure not:

https://www.winhelp.info/boost-lightroom-performance-on-systems-with-nvidia-graphics-chip.html

and yep, iPad keyboard challanged LOL

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you need to buy a new keyboard David  : )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPU FAQ you are quoting was published in August 2019 when Win 7 was still supported by Microsoft.  Windows 7 is now officially unsupported by Microsoft, at least for most people who are not paying extra.  Update to Windows 10 and your card may work although there is no guarantee.  I am sure most companies are going to ditch Windows 7 support in their new software releases.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, looking at most Adobe documentation online is a poor experience as they have not done a very good job of keeping things updated.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines