Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No high-quality (1:1) photo rendering in Library after certain time

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a new computer with sufficient spec (Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 9700K, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB, RAM 32GB DDR4, SSD 500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe).

Normal working in Library & Develop modes is very fast and I have no issues. But after some time working with Lightroom (incl. big Panorama creation and editing with Photoshop) it does not render 1:1 previews anymore in the Library mode (e.g. after zooming in). There is the "Loading..." logo forever... The used RAM for Lightroom is about 10 GB (shown in Windows Task Manager).

The only solution is to restart Lightroom. Does anyone have the same issue or know the solution?

Thank you! Matthias

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthias,

Sorry that Lightroom stops loading the 1:1 previews for your images. That shouldn't be happening. Let us help make this right.

As mentioned by Davidg, this could be related to corrupt previews in Lightroom. Please refer the below link and delete the Previews.lrdata folder. 

Lightroom error on preview cache or displays gray thumbnails

Also, I'd recommend that you optimize Lightroom catalog for a better performance, set the right cache limit as mentioned in this article: Optimize Lightroom performance

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello David and Akash,

thanks a lot for your replies! Since the issue is gone after Lightroom restart, I do not think that it is caused by corrupt previews. I also optimize the catalog regularly while backing it up before I close Lightroom.

It more "feels" like Lightroom maxed out its available memory, but RAM is still available and I increased the cache size to 20 GB.

By the way I had the same issue with my previous laptop. But I hoped for better behavior with the new powerful computer.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thank you!

Regards, Matthias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines