Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No option to sync collection

Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i just installed Lightroom.

I want to sync collections to the cloud.

When i define new collection, there is no option to mark the sync option.1.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Exact version of LrC did you install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just install 9.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just install today 9.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you installed Lightroom Classic, not Lightroom Desktop (please blame adobe for the name confusion, not us). 

There are two kinds of Collections: Smart and (well) dumb (that's NOT the official name). Smart Collections do not go off to the clouds, dumb ones do/can.

Assuming that you just signed up for one of the Photoshop Packages, you have the latest version (if not please let us know). Since I'm on a Mac, my window looks very different from yours so I cannot tell which version for sure.

Dumb Collections are filled up by your dragging images into them. These then can be synced up to the clouds and be seen by guests who you send links to in Lightroom.adobe.com, on your phone and iPad via Lightroom Mobile, and on Lightroom Desktop.

Let us know if you need any other help on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure i understand.

I installed LR classic.

Is it not what i need to install on my laptop ?3.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the correct version installed and it is clear from the screen shot you posted that you are in the correct forum and have the correct version installed even if you said Lightroom in your original post.

Lightroom, the Cloud based version, does not have a Sync Collections feature as Everything you import is Synced up to the Adobe, Lightroom web, system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure i understand.
There is no option to sync only part of the photos ?
If so, can i see in my mobile the filters options as colors etc ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Sync feature Turned on? With it paused you don't get the option to sync collections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where can i find it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope that is not it, Paused Sync.

There seems to be something wrong with your install. The Create Collection dialog is missing something else. The Location section should have a drop down part with Check Box for Inside a Collection Set and then a Drop Down field for choosing a collection set.

2020-08-15 14_22_28-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

Have you Restarted your computer lately? Eeven if you have try a restart first and post back if the problem continues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well now it start working ... i started the first time sync and now i also get the option to sync from the new collection option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the answer - To sync Lightroom Classic photos with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom apps, the photographs must be in synced collections or in All Synced Photographs collection . Photos within a synced Collection are automatically available in Lightroom on your desktop, mobile, and web.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-mobile-desktop-features.html#setup 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines