• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not signed in or trial expired causes no image to show in Develop module.

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Import images, in the Library tab my 3 photos show up.

Light1.jpg

But when I click on Develop, no photo shows up. Any idea what has gone wrong? Thanks.

Light2.jpg

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

I was questioning if your copy was a trial, this based on the identity plate stating “Get Started with Lightroom CC‘

Googling on that I stumbled upon a source indicating if you are not signed in the ID Plate would look just like what you posted in your first screenshot.

How long ago was the last time you were signed in? Does LR think you are not authorized (paid up) and has prevented use of the develop module? Been as long as 90 days? (this period differs based on payment and plan)

Using the Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the first you don't use the actual version of Lightroom. It's at the moment version 8.3.1. You have version 8.0 installed.

Please update your installation to the lastest version and try again.

The second is to uncheck the GPU support. Goto Preferences -> Performance -> Uncheck GPU, then restart Lightroom.

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KeithH,

That's what definitely shouldn't be happening, let's make it right.

As the images is not displayed in the Develop module, could you please try  turning off the GPU option from Lightroom's preferences?

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

If that works then please try updating the Graphics drivers from manufacturer's website. Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking Use GPU did not solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be caused by a defective monitor profile.

As troubleshooting and as a possible temporary fix, go Control panel > Color management, and set the monitor profile to Adobe RGB. Make sure that Use my settings for this device is checked. Restart Lightroom for the change to take effect.

If this fixes the problem, you should ideally calibrate the monitor with a hardware calibrator. This will create a new monitor profile that accurately describes your monitor.

The screenshot shows sRGB being used, but since you have a wide gamut monitor, use Adobe RGB.

color-management.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't find any aRGB, nor that association color profile window you show.

I have Photoshop and AE on my system and they work fine.

The image in the strip below the window...if it's in the Library tab, it should automatically show up when I go to the Develop tab, or does it have to be somewhere special?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil.Chawla  wrote

This might be caused by a defective monitor profile.

As troubleshooting and as a possible temporary fix, go Control panel > Color management, and set the monitor profile to Adobe RGB. Make sure that Use my settings for this device is checked. Restart Lightroom for the change to take effect.

If this fixes the problem, you should ideally calibrate the monitor with a hardware calibrator. This will create a new monitor profile that accurately describes your monitor.

The screenshot shows sRGB being used, but since you have a wide gamut monitor, use Adobe RGB.

color-management.png

This is a copy & paste of my post in another thread: Re: Develop mode blank after Lightroom 8 install

And Keith has not stated that he has a wide gamut monitor.

KeithH45 wrote

Can't find any aRGB, nor that association color profile window you show.

You should use sRGB unless you have a wide gamut monitor, in which case you should use Adobe RGB.

To get to the Associate color profile dialog, click Add in the Color management dialog. (marked 1 in my screenshot)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the options. I'm thinking maybe I need to uninstall and re-install.

Light1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling is not going to fix this.

I don't know why your Associate color profile dialog looks like this, but you should choose sRGB IEC61966-2.1 under ICC profiles. Do not use the Virtual device model profile.

If you have a wide gamut gamut monitor, click Browse, which should take you to the folder that contains all ICC profiles, where you should find Adobe RGB. But if you can't find it, sRGB will be fine for troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 of 4

This might be a licensing issue, specifically as it relates to authentication of your account.

First thing up. In Lightroom, clcik on Help, clcik on System Information.

Does second line state:

License: Creative Cloud ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine says "UNKNOWN"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on instagram as @_Ola_dapo 

or @gramtv_

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ai Olayinka, please start a new thread with an appropriate heading and indicate what problem you are experiencing.

see the following screen capture for more info.

50C01430-B397-477D-967F-45765902379A.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 of 4,

Bring up your copy of Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, are you signed in? If not do so, pay attention to any errors, then launch Lightroom

If you were signed in, sign out, then sign in, watch for errors, launch Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 of 4

P.S.

Get Started with Lightroom CC

Is this a trial copy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 of 4 (final)

If you go to Adobe.com, and manage your account, do you see your copy of Lightroom Classic listed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was questioning if your copy was a trial, this based on the identity plate stating “Get Started with Lightroom CC‘

Googling on that I stumbled upon a source indicating if you are not signed in the ID Plate would look just like what you posted in your first screenshot.

How long ago was the last time you were signed in? Does LR think you are not authorized (paid up) and has prevented use of the develop module? Been as long as 90 days? (this period differs based on payment and plan)

Using the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, sign in, start LR, see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue and GPU setting didn't help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jetty5EC6, Start a new post with details of your problem. It will not be seen frequently at the end of this 'answered' thread.

Please include the following in your question:
Adobe product and Version number
Operating system and Version number
The full text of any Error Message(s)
What you were doing when the problem occurred
Screenshots of the problem
A Screenshot of the info panel from MENU: Help/System Info...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines