• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No photos in previous import

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recenly upgraded to Lightroom Classic 10.3.  Ever since doing so, I get this error message every time I open Lightroom.  But all my previously imported photos are still in Lightroom and are still in the Previous Import catalogue.

Is this a known issue with 10.3?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previous Import is  singular, if you imported several time today, the previous import is only the last  one, not those  before. 

So a question is, last time you tried to import, did something go wrong?

What happens if you attempt an import. Does it work, if so, then close LrC, restart, still get that error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another inquiry.. Your last import, did you delete those photos from your catalog? That would cause no images to be in previous import, and that error message if you clicked on previous import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

There were no failed imports.  In fact in my two years of using Lightroom I have never had a failed import.  Yes, I routinely delete photos from my import but I have never had this issue before.  I have tested with nwe imports and I still get the message. 

I did read the post about resetting the preferences but the circumstances aren't the same as mine.  Also Adobe allegedly fixed that issue.  However I may reset the preferences in case that is the reason.  I just hope that does not impact my presets or my various export and external editor settings, as that would be a major issue.  If it does then I might just leave it for the time being.  It is merely irritating rather than an issue that affects my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share a screen capture of the precise error message.

As GoldingD mentioned, the Previous Import shows only the last (previous) import and not those before. I suggest importing a few new images and see whether those appear in the Previous Import area.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but I have done what you say and yes they do appear in the Previous Import area.  The error message appears to be entirely supurious in that the Previous Import catalogue is still being populated.  I am afraid that I cannot post a screenshot of the message as it appears only for a second or so as Lightroom starts up and then disappears.  I have tried to a do a screen capture but it does not capture the message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There doesn't appear to be any way to edit my post.  I meant Previous Import Collection, not catalogue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines