• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'No photos in selected folder' - after accidentally deleting previews and then rebuilding

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am new to Lightroom and have been importing my photos but accidentily deleted the previews files to make up room on my hard disc. I found out the way to fix this would be to rebuild the previews which I thought I had done and it was all working but I just opened it to find that most of the folders now say 'No photos in selected folder' despite the fact that there are numbers showing that there are files there and when I navigate to the folder in finder they are still there. I can't re-import them as when I try to they are greyed out as they are recognised to already be there.

Does anyone know how to fix it? 

Actually I solved it. I realise that I had accidentily imported the main folder housing all the subfolders as well seperatly. Once I removed that it seems to have fixed it. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gpoing to need a Screen Shot of what you are seeing.

If you Deleted the Previews folder, which will have the name YourCatalogName Previews.lrdata and is stored in the same main folder as the actual Catalog file, then none of you images should have been touched.

Please explain the exact steps you took when you deleted the previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines