• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Photos in selected folder

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Lightroom Classic 9.2, none of my photos are showing in their folders. The folders are visable, and show the count of photos inside, but when I click on them I get "no photos in selected folder".

I'm using MAC Catalina 10.15.3. Also, I can't activate the sync function. Here are the screenshots:

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 3.01.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 3.10.27 PM.png

Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Catalina app rights

Might not be your problem, but does not hurt to check

On your MAC, bring up System Preferences (in the MACOS), select Security and Privacy, select the Privacy tab. Scroll down to Files and Folders, for Lightroom Classic (and while you at it, for Photoshop) make sure all boxes are checked

B4E1D213-0130-4EB1-8956-CB1D0AC017BD.png

As you appear to be storing photos in the MACOS/user folder Pictures, in the same Security and Privacy, under the Privacy tab, scroll to Pictures, make sure Lightroom Classic and Photoshop have rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thank you for the suggestion, but that wasn't the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please understand first of all that synchronizing and importing never solve these types of problems, once your photo is already imported into Lightroom. Synchronizing and importing can, however, make the problem worse.

What you need to do is find the photo in Lightroom via other methods. Please click on "All Photographs" (it's under "Catalog") and then search for the photo by file name, or by keyword, or by any other search method. Once it shows up, you can right-click on it and determine what folder Lightroom thinks the photo is in by selecting "Go to Folder in Library".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you offer any insight into how this issue was resolved if at all?? I'm having the exact same issue. It just happened yesterday and I'm fearful I won't be able to recover my images. I have multiple folders that are visible and even show the number of images that should reside however upon clicking it shows "no photos in selected folder." While I can see the images under all photographs when I select the option to locate folder, it points to the folder that's empty. What do I do?! Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines