• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Photos in selected selection on working drive

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened Lightroom Classic today to edit some pictures on my working drive which is a 512 GB SSD and while LR shows the correct picture totals on the left it says there are no pictures on the drive! My internal hard drive and my external drives connceted to my PC are all showing and responding correctly it's only my working drive that I am having a problem with.

I've checked the drive through windows explorer and all the files are still on the drive, If I try to import them LR tells me that they have already been imported and if I select All Photos it shows the thumbnails of the correct pictures.

Any ideas how I get LR to show the pictures again so that I can edit them again? Everything was working Ok yesterday and shut down cleanly when I finished so I'm at a loss as to what is happening right now.

Lightroom Version 10 release on windows 19041.572

Thanks in advance for any help

Neil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing never solves these types of problems.

Are there question mark icons on your folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per the screenshot there are no question marks on the files

Lightroom Screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at your screen shot.

There are no question marks on the folders. It looks pretty strange. Have you restarted your computer and LrC? If that doesn't correct it, try resetting the LrC preferences.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kenneth

I had tried restarting the computer and LrC already with no effect and I've now tried resetting the preferences still with no effect sadly. I'm at a loss as to why this one drive which is working as I can go in and out of it with explorer, LrC won't let me see the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next, with LrC closed, I would copy all those folders to drive E:, then open LrC and have LrC look at the moved folders by using the right click -> update folder location function. I would first try to copy the pictures folder with all the subfolders so you only have to reconnect one folder.

This is NOT a re-import move.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I read your idea and thought, would it let me move the folders inside of LrC to the E drive and it is! The files are moving right now on to my E drive with all their edits and keywording intact 🙂 

All files are now on my E drive with all edits and keywording, I'll make a backup and see what happens when I try to move something back onto the D drive. Not quite sure what is happening here as it's like part of LrC can't see the files but the rest of it can. 

Thanks for the help as I have my work back intact.

Neil 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines