Highlighted

No presets loading with Lightroom Classic and can't import any.

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a little confused by a problem I'm having with Lightroom Classic and can't work out how to fix it. I am new to Lightroom and, whilst I can use it reasonably well, I have no idea what's going on under the bonnet (hood).

I have LC version 9.2.1 loaded which, I believe, is the latest version.

My problem is that I have no preset showing in my Develop workspace (see image attached) and the 'add preset' icon is not responsive. I had a number of Adobe and User presets loaded when I last used LR but I can no longer access them.

I can find LR Catalogs at user/pictures/lightroom/Lightroom Catalog.lrcat (created 25 Nov 19) and another at user/pictures/lightroom/backups/2020-03-03 1940/Lightroom Catalog.lrcat (created 3 Mar 20). I have tried to open LR with both of these but the result is the same.

I have the feeling I am missing something obvious here but I can't see it.

Is anyone able to help me please? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks....Chloe

PS I am using an iMac.

TOPICS
How to, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

No presets loading with Lightroom Classic and can't import any.

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a little confused by a problem I'm having with Lightroom Classic and can't work out how to fix it. I am new to Lightroom and, whilst I can use it reasonably well, I have no idea what's going on under the bonnet (hood).

I have LC version 9.2.1 loaded which, I believe, is the latest version.

My problem is that I have no preset showing in my Develop workspace (see image attached) and the 'add preset' icon is not responsive. I had a number of Adobe and User presets loaded when I last used LR but I can no longer access them.

I can find LR Catalogs at user/pictures/lightroom/Lightroom Catalog.lrcat (created 25 Nov 19) and another at user/pictures/lightroom/backups/2020-03-03 1940/Lightroom Catalog.lrcat (created 3 Mar 20). I have tried to open LR with both of these but the result is the same.

I have the feeling I am missing something obvious here but I can't see it.

Is anyone able to help me please? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks....Chloe

PS I am using an iMac.

TOPICS
How to, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 30, 2020 0
nikunj.m LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

From the screenshot you have attached, it appears that you do not have any file selected in the Develop module. Are you are able to see the Presets and access the Add (+) button when you have an image selected?

Note: Even if you need to import presets to Lightroom Classic, you need have an image selected for the Add (+) option to be active. 

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020 0