Highlighted

No range masking in lightroom

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just got the latest version of lightroom for mac and I cannot apply range mask for luminescence/colour on gradient filters. Have they got rid of it of it or put it into an obscure place?

Thanks for any help

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

No range masking in lightroom

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just got the latest version of lightroom for mac and I cannot apply range mask for luminescence/colour on gradient filters. Have they got rid of it of it or put it into an obscure place?

Thanks for any help

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 04, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please state the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom, to avoid any confusion. The word "latest" is not a definitive description.

The location of the range mask has not moved.

Perhaps you have the wrong Process Version selected for your photo? You have to select Process Version 5 (which is the current process) select for the photo, in order to see Range Mask. 

If that's not it, where are you looking to see the Range Mask?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably have that part of the panel hidden, one of these chevrons needs to be clicked, the little triangles.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to drag the gradient filter over the image in the main editing window. Only then does the range mask pull down menu become active. It’s the same with the brush tool you need to start brushing to activate the range masking feature.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 0
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to my questions above, 99jon makes a good point ... and so re-reading your statement, it's not clear ... are you having trouble FINDING the range mask, or are you have trouble APPLYING it? Your words imply both, which is contradictory.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 0