• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No support for Fujifilm X-T2 lenses

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I "enable lens correction" in Lr, I get the "can't find the lens message." I have a new Fujifilm X-T2 and multiple Fujinon lenses.  There are no Fuji lenses in the list, so I can't enter that.  Am I out of luck?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

As far as I am aware Fujifilm mirrorless cameras like other models from Olympus, Panasonic etc have builtin lens correction info in the file header of the raw files from the camera and these are automatically applied by Lightroom /ACR it is not something that can be turned on/off.

This as designed by the Camera Manufacturer.

See the screen capture which shows and info note "Builtin lens profile applied."

Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 4.47.08 PM.png

More info can be obtained at the link below.

Work with lens profiles in Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make certain you are viewing a raw file and not a JPEG. Most lens profiles do not exist for JPEG files.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the bottom of the lens panel not show "Built in lens profile applied" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I am aware Fujifilm mirrorless cameras like other models from Olympus, Panasonic etc have builtin lens correction info in the file header of the raw files from the camera and these are automatically applied by Lightroom /ACR it is not something that can be turned on/off.

This as designed by the Camera Manufacturer.

See the screen capture which shows and info note "Builtin lens profile applied."

Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 4.47.08 PM.png

More info can be obtained at the link below.

Work with lens profiles in Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Camera Raw

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having trouble because when I click on the make Fujifilm doesnt even show up. And these files are in raw 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will not see any profile under ”make” since Adobe have not created any profiles for the Fuji cameras. The lens profiles are created by Fuji and are stored in the Raw File header when the image is captured in the camera. When Lightroom renders the Raw file the profile is applied automatically. See the screen capture that I posted, at the bottom of the image there is the message, which is self explanatory.

If you wish to create your own profile Adobe provides software to do this check their Adobe DNG Profile Creator.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok... so where yours says "built in lens applied" mine says "unable to locate a matching profile automatically" Im stuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Fuji lenses?

If you are what Fuji lens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Im using fuji lenses, the 60 and the 23 1.4. I just updated to the Lightroom Classic today. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Lightrrom 6 classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

saraellenbost  wrote

Yes Im using fuji lenses, the 60 and the 23 1.4. I just updated to the Lightroom Classic today. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

I just tested my X-T2 with the 23 f/1.4 and I get the "Bult-in Lens Profile applied" banner at the bottom and even if I check the option to "Enable Profile Correction" check box the banner still remains and in the Make field under "Lens Profile" it says "Built-in" and Fuji is not listed in the drop down menu.

This is with LR Classic CC (LR 7.01). With the previous version of LR (LR CC/6 6.xx) that did support the X-T2 and all previous Fuji cameras If I checked the box for Enable Profile Correction the banner at the bottom would change to something else. Since I no longer have LR CC/6 installed I can't check that.

Make sure you have the lens seated properly on the camera. I have seen similar behavior when the lens was not making good contact with the camera electronics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be helpful if you could provide on line a raw file that would exhibit the problem you are seeing. This could allow other users to see if they experience the same problem you are experiencing.

Attached is a screen capture of a sample from the Fujifilm X-T2 that I downloaded from the preview review of the camera. Imported into Lightroom Classic CC v 7.0.1 the latest version. Lens Fujifilm XF 16-55mm f2.8 RLM WR.

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 7.35.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok! when I get home I'll take a screen shot. thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also what exact version of LR are you using. Be Specific. Go to Help System Info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 4 years, I am here with the same issue 🙂 
I am using Lightroom Classic 10.2 (the latest one). When I open a .RAF coming from my brand new X-T30 (+ XF 18-55), I do not have the "Built-in lens profile applied": I have the "unable to locate a matching profile automatically", exactly like the other guy up above 🙂 See the screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answering to myself just to inform future readers that resetting Lightroom preferences fixed the issue, as mentioned already in other parts of this thread 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"After 4 years, I am here with the same issue 🙂 I am using Lightroom Classic 10.2 (the latest one). When I open a .RAF coming from my brand new X-T30 (+ XF 18-55), I do not have the "Built-in lens profile applied": I have the "unable to locate a matching profile automatically", exactly like the other guy up above 🙂 See the screenshot"

Someone else recently reported similar symptoms, with "Unable to locate a matching profile automtically" appearing instead of "Built-in lens profile applied":

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-panasonic-dmc-tz70-...

Please add your details to that bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The person in the other thread reports that resetting preferences fixed the problem:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that's it! Resetting preferences fixed it, I can confirm it. Thanks John!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues with lens correction in both Lightroom and Photoshop. I don't options for neither Fujifilm XT4 body nor my lens xf 16-80mm. I am requesting to Adobe to upgrade their software. It feels like Adobe does not care about the Fujifilm users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tracys11563882 

We're not Adobe in this forum, we are other Lightroom Classic users who can't update the software.

Go to this link to submit the request to Adobe

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"I am having the same issues with lens correction in both Lightroom and Photoshop. I don't options for neither Fujifilm XT4 body nor my lens xf 16-80mm."

The XT-4 embeds Fujifilm lens profiles in the raw photos, and LR applies the lens profile automatically. When you edit an XT-4 raw and look in the Lens Corrections panel, LR displays "Built-in Lens Profile applied", and clicking on the "i" tells you that:

johnrellis_0-1621192906456.png

There is no way to stop LR from applying the embedded lens profile in this case. 

Starting with LR 9.4, LR lets you disable the automatic application of the embedded lens profiles for many newer cameras, and you can select other profiles. For example, here's what the Lens Correction panel looks like for the newer X-E4:

johnrellis_1-1621193163410.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines