• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No synchonisation with only one folder

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to synchronize all my picture folders with Lightroom.

In genarl this is working fine. Only for one folder, Lightroom recognizes that there are about 1300 pictures in the folder, but only one of them appears in Lightroom after synchronisation. I tried it several times with always the same result. It is the only folder which is not synchronized.

What could be the reason for this behaviour?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that all the images in this folder are duplicates of images already in the catalog elsewhere?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not find a picture with the same titles in all my pictures and did not find the titles of the missing pictures in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the duplicated images was a good hint, thanks a lot!

- I tried it again, subfolder by subfolder with other view. The pictures have been marked as duplicated. After telling the program to import anyway I have the pictures in Lightroom.

Question would be why Lightroom thought there are duplicated pictures? - how does Lightroom search here? I definitively did not find any of these pictures in lightroom already!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing photos more than once is rarely if ever a good thing to do. Now you have two versions of the same photo in Lightroom Classic, this is a recipe for confusion. At some point in the future, you will be looking for this photo and wind up with the "wrong" version ... one that doesn't have edits or one that has different edits (similarly for metadata).

Better you should remove these newly imported photos from Lightroom Classic and find the first import by following all four of these steps:

1. In the Lightroom Library Module, on the left, under Catalog, click on All Photographs
2. Turn off all filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)
3. Turn off all stacking (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)
4. Search for at least one of these photos by file name using the Lightroom Filter Bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom uses the file name and the capture date to determine if an image could be a duplicate, and perhaps something else.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also already deleted the folder from Lightroom and tried to synchronize again - always the same behaviour

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also already deleted the folder from Lightroom and tried to synchronize again - always the same behaviour

By @defaults6drfya22ahn

This is the expected behavior when the photo is already imported into Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines