• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No update since May 2020, then Catalog updates lead to error!

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 8.4.1 [201909111355-eb9b68f0] can open any of my previous catalogs on my MacBook Pro 2015 running  Mojave 10.14.6

Lightroom Classic 9.3 [202005281810-476e492c] cannot open any of my previous catalogs on my MacBook Pro 2015 running  Mojave 10.14.6

Whenever I try using the new release (or the previous one), I get the following error message : “ Lightroom encountered problems when trying to update the format of the catalog file and cannot use this catalog in this version of Lightroom”

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm...

The error seems to happen during the optimisation of the catalog.

Any clue to help me help the photographers I support?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

for the first step please try to reset the Lightroom preferences.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

If this doesn't help I suggest a clean reinstallation:

This sounds drastic and it is drastic and s lot of work. In my experience this may help in many cases, but I can't get you any guarantee that it's help. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines