Nor Recognizing raw Images

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am running Lightroom Classic 5.7.1 on a Windoes 10 32-bit machine.

When I was using a Canon EOS 50D I was able to import my raw files.

However, I have since upgraded my camera to a Canon 6D mark ii and it will not recognioze to raw files.

I have tried all versions of raw onn the camerawith  nom availe.

Help please

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No version of Lightroom 5 will recognize 6DMarkII raw images.

Your choices are:

1. Upgrade to the current Lightroom Classic 9.4 (a subscription is required)
  2. Use the FREE Adobe DNG Converter to convert ther RAW to DNG, which can then be imported into Lightroom 5.7.1

Please note for clarity: there is no such thing as Lightroom Classic 5.7.1, it was not Classic, it was just plain Lightroom 5.7.1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is true that there is no update for Lightroom 5.7.1 that will support your new camera. It is also true that there is a free DNG converter that will convert the raw files to the DNG format that will be compatible with that version. However, you will be robbing yourself of the many fine features that have been added to Lightroom Classic since Lightroom 5.7.1 that would enable you to get so much more from your raw images. Seems to me it would be such a shame for you to invest in a high quality camera and then use outdated software to process the images. Yes, it's $9.99/month in the US to subscribe to Lightroom and Photoshop. But for that subscription price you always have the latest versions of the software available to you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding, Lightroom Classic 9.4 will not run on your Windows 10 32bit operating system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
JimHess LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I missed that "minor" detail.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines