• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to open a PSD file in Photoshop CC 2018

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to open psd files from Lightroom. When attempting to open I receive the message "Lightroom was unable to prepare the selected file at /Volumes/{path detailed out}.  Follow up testing is I can't open the PSD as "edit original" and "edit a copy".  However, if I select "edit a copy with Lightroom adjustments" the file opens in Photoshop.  Anyone else have the issue? Any resolutions/fixes?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

It seems that you doesn't have the appropriate access rights to this location.

Please check and set Read and Write access to this location.

Axel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that you doesn't have the appropriate access rights to this location.

Please check and set Read and Write access to this location.

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont believe this is the case as I am able to open a dng file from Lightroom in Photoshop. I can also open a psd file as "edit a copy with Lightroom adjustment". But can not open when selecting "edit original" and "edit a copy".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Axel

The issue has been resolved. You were correct. Mac is different than what I am accustom.  The primary drive I had read/write; however, only read on the disk where photo files are stored. Once changed to read/write all worked well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines