• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Odd Lightroom Behavior [filtering not working properly on one specific 5DSR Raw file]

Participant ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So LR CC is playing oddball with me today.  What seemed simple is now....as always...complicated.

Let me explain:

I have a series of photos and for the RAW photos in this particular series I've marked them all with the "blue" label.  So this one particular photo let's name it PhotoA001 has both a flag, 5 stars and blue label.  When I am in library module, without any filters I see this PhotoA001, I see it has the flag, blue, and stars.

Now is when it gets funky, when I click on the filter tab right above the thumbnails 5 stars I see it filter down and included is PhotoA001.  When I filter by just color - blue - it doesn't show up.  Same with flagged.

It's like it's forgotten it's blue label AND that it's flagged.

And so then in the same filter above the thumbnails I click out of blue, out of flagged and and PhotoA001 doesn't show.  I have to click out of that folder, click back in and then it appears.

I've restarted, tried to rebuild smart previews, removed color, added it back, tried to force "offline" the photo by taking it out of LR and then bringing it back in by "locate in finder"

BUT, this is a really big issue, because if I go through and flag or label some photos and they are not showing up in the filtered results....that would not be good. Maybe it's just one photo, but could be multiple times it's done this.

Any idea what could be going on?  Again I haven't noticed it with other photos, just this one particular 5DSR RAW file.

Thanks,

J

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Okay -- some troubleshooting helped and it's fixed.

I went to finder, copied the RAW and XMP into it's own Desktop folder.  And deleted the file in LR (from disk).  I then imported RAW into the same folder (which brought the XMP over as well) and it is now found when filtering Blue or 5 Star or Select.   

So it must have been a bug where even though this said Blue in XMP, LR wasn't believing it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running the latest version CC 2015.12?

In Lightroom, click Help > System Info. Which Lightroom version is shown?

If this issue is only seen on one Raw file, can you upload the file to Dropbox and provide a link so we can take a look at it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for reply

2015.9 is what I have that has been the most stable for me...

On the uploading raw file -- unfortunately I can't do that.  What I will say is that if I change the color label to say Red, it still doesn't do it, but a photo next to it in the folder will be fine to change the label to Blue.  It's very bizarre. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood about not uploading. Without seeing the file, I cannot really offer any further comment other than trying 2015.12 to see if there's any difference. You can always revert to 2015.9 if the behaviour is the same

Hopefully others will chime in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay -- some troubleshooting helped and it's fixed.

I went to finder, copied the RAW and XMP into it's own Desktop folder.  And deleted the file in LR (from disk).  I then imported RAW into the same folder (which brought the XMP over as well) and it is now found when filtering Blue or 5 Star or Select.   

So it must have been a bug where even though this said Blue in XMP, LR wasn't believing it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to hear. Don't think the forum could have solved that one with lots more Q&A.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:  changing/loading from metadata file doesn't work either, and the XMP shows "Blue" in the file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines