• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old Flash Lightroom photo galery conversion to HTML5 due to the elimination of Flash

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Lightroom Classic community,

I created my first photographer website in 2000. I created the galleries in Lightroom and based on Flash.

These galleries are still available to a limited extent today. An example:

http://www.christeau.hu/fooldal/szabadteri/1/

The complete phasing out of Flash has been announced, do they provide a solution for converting previous galleries to HTML5?

I would have to rework thousands of photos, it's an unsolvable task, if there is no solution to it.

How can I convert an existing file structure base from Flash to HTML5.

They must have thought before announcing the termination to convert current FLASH based pages, as product support.

What is the solution and where can I find it and how does it work?

Thank you for your answer!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic hasn't used Flash based web galleries for a LONG time.  I don't even remember which version was the last to use Flash.  You will just have to convert your old galleries. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.
How to convert my old galleries?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how you have your galleries and website set up as you said your link was to a Flash Gallery and I haven't had Flash installed for years.  I have a webside with a hand coded Home page that links to several Lightroom galleries and other hand coded pages with internal links back to the Home page.  Each galleries photos were/are in collections and it was extremely easy to just recreate the Galleries using the new HTML5 templates once I got one to work and then upload them.  I can't help you anymore than that unless you provide more detail on how you website is constructed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Bob Somrak,

Thank you for your help!

I am looking for a solution that using the directory structure created by
the old Lightroom converts Flash technology to HTML5.

Best regards,

Krisztian Porszasz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't convert them, you'll have to create them again.

Which directory structure do you mean? The folders generated by a Flash template are different from those generated by one of the HTML5 templates. Or do you mean folders on your web server? So you put a Flash gallery for Italy pictures in www.prorszasz.com/italy/, for example, and you want to do that again. In that case, output the HTML5 and upload it to the same folder, probably after deleting whatever was in /italy/. Do you know how to access folders on your web site using Dreamweaver or some other FTP tool? But basically you're going to have to recreate, not convert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines