• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Older Program, New Camera

New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an older program Lightroom 4, which I am perfectly happy with, except that a friend helped me to shoot a wedding using a newer camera, a Nikon D7100, and the old program does not recognize the files.  Does anyone know of a patch I can use for Lightroom 4 particularly that will rectify this problem?  I do not want to get into a monthly fee for a newer Lightroom version.  I am also having the same problem with Photoshop, Creative Suites 5.  Thank you for your help!

Topics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

The quick answer is that you cannot edit the NEF files in Lightroom 4. However, you can download the free DNG converter from Adobe and use it to create DNG (Digital negative) copies of the NEF files. These are files that will contain the raw image data, and can be made compatible with the version of Lightroom that you are using. Those DNG files can then be opened with the older version of Lightroom 4, and you can complete your editing as needed. Those same DNG files will be compatible with the o

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The quick answer is that you cannot edit the NEF files in Lightroom 4. However, you can download the free DNG converter from Adobe and use it to create DNG (Digital negative) copies of the NEF files. These are files that will contain the raw image data, and can be made compatible with the version of Lightroom that you are using. Those DNG files can then be opened with the older version of Lightroom 4, and you can complete your editing as needed. Those same DNG files will be compatible with the older version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to convert the NEF files to DNG in order to work on your version of Lightroom, which can be done using Adobe's free DNG converter.

There is a link in the fourth paragraph to download the converter for either Windows or Mac OS.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/digital-negative.html

Warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines