On-screen color desaturates when adding stroke border in Print View

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Strange issue here; whenever I add a stroke border to an image in Print View - no matter what size or color - the saturation of the image itself reduces ever-so-slightly. This is only on-screen - i.e. if I print the image with/without border there is no difference. I've confirmed this on 3 monitors (including the MBPro display) - so I don't think it's a screen issue...  The actual saturation printed is the one without the border - which makes my workflow slightly awkward (at least when I want to add a border) - as I have to remember to put the border back before printing...

Any ideas? is there some setting that I'm missing!? I've attached two screenshots below to show the difference - hope you can see it and it's not just in my head 🙂

thanks for any help!

/Ole

screenshot-with-border.pngscreenshot-without-border.png

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

On-screen color desaturates when adding stroke border in Print View

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Strange issue here; whenever I add a stroke border to an image in Print View - no matter what size or color - the saturation of the image itself reduces ever-so-slightly. This is only on-screen - i.e. if I print the image with/without border there is no difference. I've confirmed this on 3 monitors (including the MBPro display) - so I don't think it's a screen issue...  The actual saturation printed is the one without the border - which makes my workflow slightly awkward (at least when I want to add a border) - as I have to remember to put the border back before printing...

Any ideas? is there some setting that I'm missing!? I've attached two screenshots below to show the difference - hope you can see it and it's not just in my head 🙂

thanks for any help!

/Ole

screenshot-with-border.pngscreenshot-without-border.png

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 20, 2020 0
Mentor ,
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do see this difference within your screenshots. It may be helpful to state your version of Lightroom Classic - how/whether you have hardware-profiled your display - whether you have enabled graphics acceleration for LrC?

This display glitch is not usual AFAIK. It is not happening for me (but that's on Windows LrC 9.4, so a very different matter).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2020 0
olensmar LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

thanks for your reply! Sorry - I should have added those details initially; I'm running LRC 10.1 on MacOs Big Sur with graphics acceleration enabled (Radeon Pro Vega 16 4 GB) and I'm seeing this on both an older un-calibrated display and a new calibrated/profiled one. Display resolution does not change this behavior.

Thanks,

/Ole

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2020 0