Highlighted

one drive

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom CC, and have recently purchased a new laptop windows 10. This has onedrive installed.

I have found that it seems to have taken over Lightroom, and is making a real mess of  my catalogues. It takes over imports and inports just about every file on th PC as well as my photos. On export my photos are sent to onedrive storage instead of my hard drive. A lot of my photos have been deleted, and I'm now being told that I don't have enough storage left and need to pay for upgrade. I have been using lightroom for 5years now and have never had this problem before. I want to uninstall one drive but apparently this is not possible. Can anyone help me please. 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

one drive

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom CC, and have recently purchased a new laptop windows 10. This has onedrive installed.

I have found that it seems to have taken over Lightroom, and is making a real mess of  my catalogues. It takes over imports and inports just about every file on th PC as well as my photos. On export my photos are sent to onedrive storage instead of my hard drive. A lot of my photos have been deleted, and I'm now being told that I don't have enough storage left and need to pay for upgrade. I have been using lightroom for 5years now and have never had this problem before. I want to uninstall one drive but apparently this is not possible. Can anyone help me please. 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 20, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is my understanding that OneDrive requires you to sign in with your Microsoft user ID; so if you want to stop using it, you can sign out of OneDrive and then nothing gets written to it. https://thegeekpage.com/sign-sign-unlink-onedrive-windows-10/

However, if you want to use OneDrive for some files, but not for photos, then I think you would need to do some research on how to achieve that, because I don't actually know.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OneDrive will offer to backup your Documents and Pictures folders by default. If you put your Lightroom catalog inside your Documents folder, all the previews (potentially thousands of them) will be uploaded and revised every time you use Lightroom. Often this can take up a lot of space, too. 

You can avoid this by using Selective Sync in OneDrive to avoid backing up the folder containing your catalog. This is in OneDrive settings:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0