• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Onedrive and Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my problem.  I have 268 GB of photos in folders stored on Onedrive.  I just purchased Lightroom Classic.  I am happy to keep those photos where they are on Onedrive.  I would like to create Lightroom catalogs from those Onedrive photos.  I have the following questions

1.  Import to Lightroom the folders now on OneDrive.  If I do that does that mean that Lightroom will now store them on my local PC hard drive????  Or will Lightroom simply use pointers to the OneDrive folders?  

2.  Do I need to import to Lightroom at all in order to create catalogs???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TBMK

1) Files need to be on 'Local Storage' ie. Connected Internal, External, or NAS drives.

In my experience- If you try to Import files from OneDrive that are only in OneDrive Cloud (not a local folder) then Lightroom will download all the files to a 'local' OneDrive folder.

ScreenShot065.jpg

2) Yes. Lightroom-Classic Catalogs are 'Database' files that makes a reference link to the location of the photo files. LrC does not work without a Catalog. (The first use of Lightroom will open an 'Empty' catalog showing no photos)

For Photo files in an existing 'local' folder- The LrC Import process can ADD a reference to the files leaving them in the folder where they are located. (For Imports from a Camera- Lr can 'COPY' the files from the camera card to a 'Local' hard-drive).

For good basic information download the Lightroom-Classic Quickstart Guide from-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/blog/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines