• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Only one of the selected files are deleted when pressing the Del key in LR Classic 9.1

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While in the Developer module, I have selected several photos, then hit the Del key, and I am informed that the "selected master photo" in singular will be deleted, and when clicking OK, only one of the selected photos are deleted. When I am in the Library module and do the same, all three photos are selected. Is that a bug or a "feature"? In any case, I suggest this is changed so the experience is the same in both.

Lightroom Select Photos.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

That's the way it works in the filmstrip. When you want to delete multiple images, use Grid View.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the way it works in the filmstrip. When you want to delete multiple images, use Grid View.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that is the way the delete key is supposed to work. If you want to delete multiple images, the way to do it is to go through and mark them for deletion by pressing the letter X on each of those images. After you have selected all of those images then press Ctrl+BckSpc, and you will be given the option to remove them or delete them from disk.

Using the method I have described, if the images are adjacent, if you activate the caps lock, pressing the X will advance the highlight to the next image. If you don't want that image deleted then pressing the spacebar will advance the highlight to the next image without deleting the highlighted image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try it in Library module

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right that is how it works when you select images in the Film strip either in develop or the Library module when only one image is displayed in the main window, loupe view in the Library module. The Primary selected image, the one that is brighter, lighter, gray color is deleted.

If you want to select and delete multiple images do it in the Library module in the GRID view area.

You can also mark image, single or multiple, with the x (Reject) key and then use the Ctrl + Backspace key combo to delete them all. This can be done in either the Library or Develop module in the Film strip area. but you have to select each image then hit the x key.

If you try to select more than one image in the Film strip and then x them only the primary image gets the x, Reject, flag.

That is more than likely because the Grid view is being displayed. If you go to Loupe view only the primary will be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, late to the party.

I've always been deleting multiple photos in the developer view with the delete key, and suddenly it stopped working.

The solution is: after you select multiple images, toggle auto sync to on. Now the delete key will delete all selected images, even in developer view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines