Highlighted

Open as Layers in Photoshop stops working

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to the latest versions of Lightroom Classic (9.3) and Photoshop (21.2). In LrC, Photo > Edit In > Open as Layers in Photoshop... opens some number of layers then stops. As the number of layers varies, I suspect it's a resource issue but can't identify what may be limited. Running MacOS 10.14.6 (Mojave) on a 2017 iMac Pro with 32GB RAM and several large drives available for scratch space.

I have seen this problem discussed for older versions, but not the latest updates.

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Open as Layers in Photoshop stops working

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to the latest versions of Lightroom Classic (9.3) and Photoshop (21.2). In LrC, Photo > Edit In > Open as Layers in Photoshop... opens some number of layers then stops. As the number of layers varies, I suspect it's a resource issue but can't identify what may be limited. Running MacOS 10.14.6 (Mojave) on a 2017 iMac Pro with 32GB RAM and several large drives available for scratch space.

I have seen this problem discussed for older versions, but not the latest updates.

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been reported several times since 9.3 was released. I did a test awhile back when this was first reported I tested 10 photos 10 times and it worked correctly 9 out of 10 times.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To build on Bob's reply, here's the bug report:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/-open-as-layers-in-photoshop-function-in-ligh...

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes. A number of people have reported these symptoms with 9.3, but so far no one else has Me Too-ed the bug report. Even though it's marked In Progress, meaning an internal bug report has been filed with the development team, that doesn't mean it will get prioritized, so the more votes the better.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines