Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open in photoshop doesn't work since PSD2021 Update March 2021

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Since I have done the PSD2021 March 2021 Update, I can't "Open into photoshop 2021" !!

It opens PSD but the file doesn't go to PSD !

If I ask to open as a dynamic object, it works...

It was perfectly working with the Beta M1 PSD ! But I have desinstall this

Sorry for my english and thank you for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Photoshop open when you choose 'Edit in Photoshop'? It shouldn't matter but wondering if Photoshop is already open if this makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact, after verification, it is more "selective"...

If the file in Lightroom is a TIF, PSD, JPEG, everything works correctly !

If the file is a NEF ou a RAF (native Nikon and Fuji), PSD opens but the file doesn't go to PSD ???

Any ideas ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All NEF files or just NEF files from a particular camera? Is this a new camera - which models are causing the problem? You could try resetting your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. All the NEF are blocking (From D300, D750, Z6) and RAF from GFX50S !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default4i03ko7gmkd5 wrote:

If the file is a NEF ou a RAF (native Nikon and Fuji), PSD opens but the file doesn't go to PSD ???

Any ideas ??

You haven't saved it, so how can it be a PSD? 

When you render (as you state "open") a raw, it is not yet saved. Lightroom Classic has ACR render that raw and provide it for you in Photoshop. No different than if you made a new document. You must now save it in whatever format you desire, including PSD. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I said the PSD files are working and obviously they are not files from APN !!! It was just to try what type of files are working or not.

What is blocking is the classical operation I do for years now... I mean I sometime want to open a file druing the treatment into Lightroom to correct anything...

For years, I was asking to open the file (RAW) into PSD, It was doing it and when I close the file into PSD, it was creating a new TIF file I found when I was back to LR.

And now, when I want to send my RAW into PSD using the menu into LR, PSD opens but the file doesn't open !!!

If I say "Open as a dynamic object", It opens into PSD but when the file is closed, I have toi refresh the data into LR... It adds a lot of operations...

No one has the same problem ?? (I use a Macmini M1 and Big Sur, may be it is in cause !!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please confirm these are the steps you are taking while in the Develop module: 1. Select a photo  2. Right-click on photo and choose 'Edit in Photoshop'. If this works you can convert the photo into a Smart Object in the layer fly-out panel. This may identify whether the problem is related to Opening the raw file as a smart object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Into LR / Develop Module

1 - Right Click

2 - Edit In Photoshop

3 - If the file is a RAW (RAF NEF), nothing happens... If PS is closed, it will launch but without opening anything

3Bis - If the file is a JPG or TIF, it opens into PS

OR

1 - Right Click

2 - Open as a Smart Object in Photoshop

3 - It works !!!!

4 - After modifying the file, I save it as a TIF file.

5 - I have to sync the folder in LR to find my new file... Not very rapid and easy !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay then - sounds like you are able to open in Ps as a smart object as easily as Edit in Ps. Thanks for updating your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please confirm if you are working with LrC 10.2 (ACR13.2) and Ps version 22.3 with Adobe Camera Raw- Plugin 13.2?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right.

I have checked everything and all the versions are OK !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other information... If I want to open files using Luminar Flex, It goes....!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines