Open in photoshop grayed out in Lightroom

Feb 16, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

I have read some old posts in the forum and tried opening PS before LR, not using smart previews, no exclamation point in the corner of my images on LR, on an external hard drive but connected to computer. Under LR preferecnes it does have edit in photoshop and all the parameters seem to be fine. No matter what I do the ctrl +E or edit in photoshop is grayed out, nothing else.  I am using LR 9.1 and photoshop 21.0.3, and camera raw 12.1 on a Pc with windows 10.  Need a lot of help PLEASE!

I edited the registry and it fixed it.  found this useful article and by following the steps exactly it fixed the issue.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/edit-photoshop-command-missing-photoshop.html

Topics

How to, Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Open in photoshop grayed out in Lightroom

Feb 16, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

I have read some old posts in the forum and tried opening PS before LR, not using smart previews, no exclamation point in the corner of my images on LR, on an external hard drive but connected to computer. Under LR preferecnes it does have edit in photoshop and all the parameters seem to be fine. No matter what I do the ctrl +E or edit in photoshop is grayed out, nothing else.  I am using LR 9.1 and photoshop 21.0.3, and camera raw 12.1 on a Pc with windows 10.  Need a lot of help PLEASE!

I edited the registry and it fixed it.  found this useful article and by following the steps exactly it fixed the issue.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/edit-photoshop-command-missing-photoshop.html

Topics

How to, Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 16, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Open Photoshop and then see if the Edit in menu refreshes to show PS 2020.

Also restart your system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 16, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

I have restrated my system a few times...no change in LR menu for photoshop

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 16, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Reinstall Photoshop.

CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10; mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.3; 4K EXT DSPY
APP: LRC 9.2, PS 21.1; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3; Just another Adobe customer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 16, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines