Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OpenGL Failure in Lightroom CC

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got "Graphics processor acceleration has been disabled due to errors."

My system exceeds all the requirements to my knowledge, and I've updated all my drivers.

Specs:

Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate Edition

Version: 6.1 [7601]

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 12

Processor speed: 3.9 GHz

Built-in memory: 28616.8 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 28616.8 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 829.0 MB (2.8%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 810.5 MB

Memory cache size: 1149.7 MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 6

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1920x1200, 2) 1920x1080, 3) 1920x1080

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: Yes, External touch: No, External pen: Yes, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

Check OpenGL support: Failed

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Version: 3.3.13292 Core Profile Context 14.502.1014.0

Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

LanguageVersion: 4.40

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Definitely get the drivers up to date.

I don't believe there's a problem with Radeon HD cards, and FWIW, I'm using a XFX AMD Radeon R9 280 with 3Gb. You're going to need a recent generation card with at least 2Gb of memory such as the AMD R9 2xx series or nvidia’s Geforce 700 or 900.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 320 Replies 320
Enthusiast ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

slowness by design?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a tradeoff, by design. To get some benefits of the GPU, you also get some disadvantages. If you don't like the tradeoff that Adobe chose, then turn off the GPU and you get the opposite tradeoff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to be honest....  that sounds like a bad excuse for not coding it right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe they did code it properly and this was the choice they faced ... since neither you nor I am a programmer for this software, I think we need to accept Adobe's statement (they did program this software), why wouldn't they do better if it was doable in the given time frame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have also been strugling with this issue since I first installed LR CC.

After reading various threads regarding the issue I managed to solve the problem.

The meant installing the previous release of the AMD drivers but I'm sure it will work with the latest version of the driver.

Having dealt with IT for many years now, one thing I have learned is that companies sometimes tend to be sonwhat sloppy when I comes to cleaning up after them self when it comes to software - in this case a driver.

This means that just installing the latest version of a driver doesn't necessarily fix an issue at hand UNLESS the old driver an references to it has been remove from a system.

In this context I'm refering to Windows based systems.

So here is what I suggest you try to do:

1) Uninstall the display driver via Add/Remove program

2) When prompted for restarting - DON'T

3) Run an AMD provide utility called amdcleanuputility (google for amdcleanuputility.exe) - NB! It is very thorough and removes every AMD item on the system. It messed up my Radeon RAMDisk Configuration Utility.

4) Reboot the system and install the display again.

I hope these steps also will do the trick for you and all the other Lightroom/AMD customers out there.

Best regards

Lars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This resolved my issue with my EVGA NVIDIA 970 SC+ 2.0 4GB..

I ran Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.0.0.1 and had it  COMPLETELY remove all traces of the NVIDIA driver.. I rebooted.. and then reinstalled driver 350.12 again.

This time it worked great.

-Regards

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

· This resolved my issue with my EVGA NVIDIA 970 SC+ 2.0 4GB..

I ran Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.0.0.1 <http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html> and had it COMPLETELY remove all traces of the NVIDIA driver.. I rebooted.. and then reinstalled driver 350.12 again.

This time it worked great.

-Regards

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14.4 has worked for me too (Radeon HD 7690M). Now to see how it improves things ~ or not! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those running AMD FirePro video cards: I checked all drivers versions 13.xx.xxxx and 14.xx.xxxx (these are for workstation video cards and are different from Radeon).  All 13.xx drivers work and non of 14.xx does.

Each driver was tested after completely uninstalling the previous to a state that Windows cannot find any video driver other than the generic VGA it comes with. My card is ATI FirePro V5800 (FireGL)

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I was feeling left alone here with my firepro!  I will try it out tomorrow!  Thanks for the heads up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welp.

Rolling back to 14.4 worked for Lightroom just fine BUT now my GPU doesn't work with Photoshop. I'm running CC 2014, if I upgrade will it help?

My main issue isn't so much speed with Photoshop, it's that Scrubby Zoom needs GPU acceleration to work, and I need scrubby zoom to work. Anybody have any info on this?

I spend a lot more time Lr than Ps so Im gonna keep my old video drivers, but this is starting to get frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

disregard my earlier post about photoshop not working with the 14.4 drivers.

it was fine after i upgraded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMD Firepro W5100 with latest drivers (version 14.502.1019) and a 4K display

GPU was enabled but resulted in slower performance when switching between images in the develop module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Radeon HD 6800 drivers do not work with lightroom. Even after updating the drivers to 14.501.1003.0., I had to un-check the use of the graphics processor in Lightroom in order to process an HDR image and not have it stall in the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi people This is how it worked for me, and it will probably work for you! First I had HD 5670 wich did not met the minimum VRAM requirements (only 512MB) so I bought HD 6750 BUT it did not work

I had an old driver and in the info in Lr there was "GL_MAX_COMBINED_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS" so I thought that the texture units are not enough. For the HD 6750 they are 36 according to GPU BOSS. So I thought that even my "new" card is no good even with the newest drivers installed BUT thanks fivero's post in this tread I've decidet to do a clean install to an older driver. So I've uninstalled the drivers with this Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.0.0.1 and then installed drivers version 14.4 from here http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous/detail?os=Windows%207%20-%2064&rev=14.4 AAAAAND it WORKS!!! The graduated filter for example is sooo smooth!!! Maybe enabling tripple buffer will also help but mine is currently disabled. And for those for which this method does not work maybe there are not enough TEXTURE UNITS although I think Lr requires 48 but mine are 36. Hope this helps And many thanks to fivero!!

P.S. Graduated filter is much faster... however brush is veeery slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  Radeon HD 5500

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys...please read the thread...there´s already a workaround while Adobe/AMD work on a definitive solution.

All of you people with Radeon must uninstall all AMD stuff and re-install drivers from March, 25, 2014, Version 14.4

As dankony‌ posted above, use the driver from the link below:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous/detail?os=Windows%207%20-%2064&rev=14.4

This is the one most people agreed to be working with Lr.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did someone else run into this issue downgrading the driver to 14.4 ? I tried multiple times and each time ran the clean up utility and restarted the machine but Windows 8.1 build 9600 does not allow me to switch to the old driver.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work for my firepro card!  I tried old and new drivers and it doesn't work!  Oh well! From what I heard it is not a big speed improvement and it even make the adjustment brush slower!! At least it is running now!  Ill wait for a real fix. I can live without the gpu it is not like my CPU i7 4300mhz can't handle the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rick2906 wrote:

It doesn't work for my firepro card!  I tried old and new drivers and it doesn't work!  Oh well! From what I heard it is not a big speed improvement and it even make the adjustment brush slower!! At least it is running now!  Ill wait for a real fix. I can live without the gpu it is not like my CPU i7 4300mhz can't handle the job.

Sad to hear that bro...

Make you sure you try this if you´re still into it:

1. Uninstall all amd stuff via add/remove programs

2. Reboot

3. Reinstall AMD suite and drivers (for my 5770, 14.4 is indeed the latest, but PEOPLE WITH NEWER BOARDS should have to manually download version 14.4)

4. (Optional) You are always free to try using the latest driver available for your board. You´ll just have to redo the steps if it doesn´t work. Obviously enough, you´ll skip to installing 14.4.

5. Reboot

6. Check if GPU is now working with Lr.

chandrap30196657‌ You´re probably getting that because my download link was intended for Windows 8 64bit. I apologize for the trouble and kindly request that you look for a 14.4 version that suits your Windows version.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rick2906:

For me on, Win7 x64 Ultimate, it worked only after deleting all versions of older AMD drivers.  I did this by first deleting the video driver in the device manager and only after that uninstalling AMD software from 'programs and features'.  The step with driver deletion I had to do several times since Windows kept finding older driver versions and automatically engaging them.  At the end of the day the only video driver left was the Windows stock VGA.

Then I installed AMD version 13.352.1019.0 and it worked.

BTW, I cannot see the GPU making the brush slower, but I cannot see making it faster either.  Other functions though, like perspectives, radial and graduated filters, etc., are getting noticeably faster.

Good luck.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the latest driver for my Radeon HD 7700 is working properly:

Capture d’écran 2015-04-26 à 10.33.04.png

Capture d’écran 2015-04-26 à 10.38.58.png

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pgrat wrote:

Hi,

the latest driver for my Radeon HD 7700 is working properly:

Capture d’écran 2015-04-26 à 10.33.04.png

Capture d’écran 2015-04-26 à 10.38.58.png

Regards

That is cool....you´re pretty much the first one i heard of to get it working with up-to-date drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here on the HD7800 HOWEVER doing the driver update fixed my issue (I downloaded the auto update module and while it looks to installed a stack of other crap it also fixed whatever the issue was with OpenGL).

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Version: 3.3.13283 Core Profile Context 14.501.1003.0

Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

LanguageVersion: 4.40

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the AMD Radeon HD 7500 and it doesn't work either. Looks like Lightroom have messed up big time in their testing. I have the latest drives installed and AMD inform me it is compatible with Lightroom's specifications

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines