Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OpenGL Failure in Lightroom CC

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got "Graphics processor acceleration has been disabled due to errors."

My system exceeds all the requirements to my knowledge, and I've updated all my drivers.

Specs:

Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate Edition

Version: 6.1 [7601]

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 12

Processor speed: 3.9 GHz

Built-in memory: 28616.8 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 28616.8 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 829.0 MB (2.8%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 810.5 MB

Memory cache size: 1149.7 MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 6

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1920x1200, 2) 1920x1080, 3) 1920x1080

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: Yes, External touch: No, External pen: Yes, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

Check OpenGL support: Failed

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Version: 3.3.13292 Core Profile Context 14.502.1014.0

Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

LanguageVersion: 4.40

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Definitely get the drivers up to date.

I don't believe there's a problem with Radeon HD cards, and FWIW, I'm using a XFX AMD Radeon R9 280 with 3Gb. You're going to need a recent generation card with at least 2Gb of memory such as the AMD R9 2xx series or nvidia’s Geforce 700 or 900.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 320 Replies 320
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem since the last AMD Driver...crashes wehn i go from libary to develop module

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Radeon HD 7800 series, and can't even disable GPU in preference menu...

crashes here there everywhere... shame on developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those also having problems to deactivate the GPU acceleration in the preference menu:

http://lightroom-blog.com/2015/05/19/turning-off-lightrooms-gpu-preferences-even-when-crashing-on-st...

Helped me with my Radeon HD 6450.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2015 Jul 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(today I have faced with the same "cool" problem, and must say that only here it is discussed at least somehow)

Sooo...now I'm trying to downgrade ati (with 14.501.1003.0 I at least was able to work in LR, but without acceleration...now is "total crash")...and what? We going to wait for a fix for unknown time with the >one-year-old drivers? It is worth it, considering that some people writing about "no speed increasing"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2015 Jul 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great help, thanks... fixed my prob. (for the moment)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm facing the same problem after installed latest AMD Drivers 15.7, but i found my way to disable GPU in preference menu, that was start window in safe-mode to disable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same for me. Lightroom CC, on Windows 7 Home Edition 64bit, AMD R9 270X 2Gb. Worked fine since i updated AMD drivers. Now Lightroom "freezes" every time I try to switch from library to develop. I had to disable GPU acceleration.
Hope the bug will be fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated with Catalyst 15.7.1 on my Win7 setup: still crashing in develop module

And worst: now I can not deactivate hardware acceleration because LR is crashing when I try to!!

I had to manually edit preferences file and lost my setup.

What a loss of time...! So disappointed.

And why this topic status is "Resolved"???

@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2015 Aug 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here... Lightroom freezes when moving from Library to Develop module.  Using AMD Radeon R9 270X... was hoping latest Catalyst 15.7.1 would fix but... .  Fortunately, I kept Catalyst 15.6 beta and this driver works perfectly with Lightroom so if the Adobe/AMD techies are still head scratching then focus on what's different between this pair of drivers.  Can't believe that more than 3 months have passed without a definitive resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2015 Aug 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally just decided to upgrade my video card, and everything runs beautifully now. It had gotten so slow before, even when it wasn't crashing like this, so it was worth it to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggestion to install Beta 15.6 seems to be working well for me. I installed only the display driver for 15.6 and uninstalled all other AMD Radeon software. I have Radeon HD7600G+HD7400M dual adapters and for the last half an hour I tried opening multiple pictures into Develop Module and they all opened faster without any issues. Thanks irisdechambly‌ . This means that AMD is leaving out something during final build that is affecting Lightroom. Hope they fix this quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be a "fix" for the AMD driver problem as seen here:

LR CC Crash and possible fix: Retouching Forum: Digital Photography Review

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be working for me !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Thanks a lot! LR does not crash anymore and GPU acceleration is enabled !

On my config, it does not seem faster in develop module. Some kind of latency appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks GarySki‌ . This seems to work. Initially it was slow but has become better after some time. I remember doing the same adjustment to fix some flickering problems earlier in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New AMD drivers, Lightroom update 6.1.1 and still GPU acceleration not working with HD 6900.

Worse yet, now Lightroom is crashing.

What is going on there with Adobe and AMD?

According to heise.de the problem seems to occur on cards with the VLIW architecture of older Radeon chips like Radeon HD 5000 and HD 6000, but also some newer models of HD 7000, 8000, R5.

Particularly in the low cost range such as Radeon R5 230  AMD still uses those older chips instead of the modern GCN architecture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that the suggested fix works for me ...

AMD 15.7.1

Windows 7 64bit

HD 6570

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved for Nvidia cards. Just try this solution that works for me.

Disable using GPU in Lightroom and close program.

Go to Nvidia control panel > 3D preferences

Set Anisotropy filtering, Antialliasing and V-Sync to "Use app defaults" and click apply. If any parameters already have this settings, just use any another one, press Apply and revert all settings back, than press Apply again.

Run Lightroom and try to enable using GPU. If not works, uncheck the flag and close program. Revert 3D preferences to yours one and check Lightroom again.

It works with Forceware 356.04, GeForce GTX 770, Win8 x64.

Clipboard01.jpg

Graphics Processor Info:

GeForce GTX 770/PCIe/SSE2

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 356.04

Renderer: GeForce GTX 770/PCIe/SSE2

LanguageVersion: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks evgenim! The solution works. I guess it was NVIDIA Global setting who is responsible for this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is most likely the ANISOTROPIC Filtering that I forced to 16x that caused problem. Still ridiculous... oh well now it works with my GTX 1080 8Gb, hopefuly I'll see a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with intel HD graphics 4600 OPEN GL = failed therefore I might think as development goes forward , compatibility reduces with older cards ...........and opps you off the radar....even when its supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines